Images 'dissappearing'

Started by Dune, September 01, 2014, 10:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Hey guys, got something very weird; I made some textures in TIF (compressed)  and some jpg's, put them in a folder, used them to add to objects I made, but when opening the same objects (as tgo's) later, the textures can't be found.... and stranger is that these files are empty! Zero bytes. Have any of you ever encountered something like that? Is it a PS bug or something? It's a bit frightening, actually, so now I made several files (jpg, bmp, psd, uncompressed tif) out of them, just to be sure.

Dune

I guess no-one would know, but I think I thought out what might have happened. I make these objects in DAZ, and some parts don't have textures in the basic DAZ folders, so if I gather textures, the already present files in the destination folder are probably overwritten by empty, non-existent files. Something like that...

otakar

It could get overwritten on export I guess, but there is no way importing the OBJ into Terragen would do anything to those files.

Dune

No, that's right, and my writing may have sounded that way. It's got nothing to do with obj or tgo, just textures.