Prairie.

Started by bla bla 2, August 16, 2014, 03:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Agree with Hannes and Dune and if it were my dirt road I'd have displaced tire grooves in the road, at least a little, and the wheels sunk a very tiny bit into the ground. But coming along nicely.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

ratfugel

Lovely work Bastien.  Can I ask the source of your grass? Just the sort I was searching for, but never found, in my "Veldt" image. Incidentally, car's a bit smart for that terrain, would look much better in my garage!.

rat.

bla bla 2

ratfugel

Thanks Bastien, much appreciated.  Your grass render was indeed superb.  Extremely realistic.  A lot of grasses we see in Terragen images don't look real.  Simulating a simple material like grass can be very frustrating and can ruin an image.  You got it right.

rat.

bobbystahr

Quote from: ratfugel on September 22, 2014, 03:28:52 PM
Thanks Bastien, much appreciated.  Your grass render was indeed superb.  Extremely realistic.  A lot of grasses we see in Terragen images don't look real.  Simulating a simple material like grass can be very frustrating and can ruin an image.  You got it right.

rat.

Often, but Dune/Ulco seems to get fantastic results from the grass patch built in object.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

ratfugel

Hey Bobby. You are quite right.  Ulco comes from another planet. 

rat.

bobbystahr

Quote from: ratfugel on September 23, 2014, 01:48:10 PM
Hey Bobby. You are quite right.  Ulco comes from another planet. 

rat.

LOL...Planet Perfection perhaps
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New