A promise of rain

Started by zaxxon, September 05, 2014, 11:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

A really fine piece of work! You can also thin leaves in TG, by using a PF + transform shader into the opacity input. Interesting for leave fall on slopes; higher up less leaves (or different colors), a lot of possibilities.

Oshyan

Beautiful scene! I always love seeing your ST vegetation work. I do hope we can add better support for animated model formats in the future, FBX and/or Alembic. I would be absolutely thrilled to see these moving realistically in the wind!

- Oshyan

zaxxon

Hey N810, you're right. The bark textures were missing from several trees.  How I didn't notice serves to show yet another cognitive disorder on my part... Thanks. Had to dig to find an answer as the set-up appeared to be ok: something to do with my byzantine file mangement mostly. Here's a re-render.

Thanks Oshyan, I always appreciate your comments.  I am truly looking forward to TG's continued evolution in the FBX/Alembic area, be great include so many varied effects into TG!

Dune: Nice tip, and thanks again!

N810

Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

Cocateho

Very moody, and even has a little bit of back story, whats not to like?  ;D I really like those scrubby trees, one thing I dislike about many plant models I find is the all look like they've been grown in a park.