The listeners

Started by mr-miley, July 24, 2007, 04:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Hi all. Just a quick one (oooerrr mrs). This sort of came about by accident, though I'm quite pleased with the results. I only rendered it small cause its still being worked on. There will be another version of this coming soon. Anyway, hope you like.
C & C always welcome.

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

sjefen

That is a fantastic image. I love the point of view. Great job.
How do you place your single objects? I think it's hard to understand where the objects actually hit the ground. The bounding box don't help me much.
Anyways..... looking forward to the updates.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Mavcat

Very nice!!! I looooove the lightning!!  Great job!

mr-miley

Ta very much both.  ;D

sjefen, The object placement was a real pain. Because the first tower is quite a way from the camera it made it awkward to get its plinth "on the ground" cause its very small at that distance. It was made even more of a pain by the fact that the base of the plinth isn't the 0,0,0 point of the object. It took me about 1/2 an hour to get the plinth on the ground  >:(

Volker Harun

The front is very, very good.

sjefen

He he..... Alright. Lets hope that this will be easyer to do in some of the next updates.

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Inscrutable

That is truly fantastic.  I love the setup, but I'm most impressed with the colouration and texture of the forground.  I can never seem to get grass and rocks to look like that!  Looking forward to further updates on this one!

As far as object placing is concerned I just tend to move my mouse over the preview pane to the rough area that I want and then type those values into the translate coordinate boxes for the object.  Then I move the camera around and click and drag the object around the preview pane for fine adjustments.  Takes a while, but usually works.  I also do very rough sample renders to check the positioning (about 320x240, detail 5) before repositioning as required.

sjefen

Quote from: Inscrutable on July 24, 2007, 06:18:26 AM
As far as object placing is concerned I just tend to move my mouse over the preview pane to the rough area that I want and then type those values into the translate coordinate boxes for the object.  Then I move the camera around and click and drag the object around the preview pane for fine adjustments.  Takes a while, but usually works.  I also do very rough sample renders to check the positioning (about 320x240, detail 5) before repositioning as required.

That's what I do to, but I think it's really difficult. It takes a lot of time.

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

ThinkPink

Wow .... that's great !!! The lightning is fantastic .....

Kevin F

Excellent image, great work. Don't see no lightning though! Do you guys mean lighting?
Kevin.

Mavcat

Quote from: Kevin F on July 24, 2007, 08:31:06 AM
Excellent image, great work. Don't see no lightning though! Do you guys mean lighting?
Kevin.

Yes...  ::)

mr-miley

Lightning?.... lightning????? I wasn't aware of adding any lightning *opens up TGTP and checks Objects* Nope, can't see no lightning!  :D

rcallicotte

Nice job all the way around. 

Reminds me of a beginning scene for C & C.   ::)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mr-miley

Calico,

Go on, What's C & C? You have my curiousity now  ;D

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?