Move sun by yellow dot.

Started by TheBadger, September 17, 2014, 12:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hi,

Request that I be able to move the suns heading by clicking on and moving the yellow dot sun icon orbiting the compass.
When looking over a terrain to find a good place to render from, I often need to move the sun several times per stop in order to get the best view. Being able to move the heading by way of the yellow compass dot would be a big help.

thanks
It has been eaten.

choronr

masonspappy

Oshyan

That could only affect rotation/heading, not altitude... The problem with that is that is that depending on where you are on the planet, you may need a combination of Elevation and Heading change to get the desired adjustment. In some areas of the planet moving it around the compass would technically make it go up/down! Of course it could possibly be made more intelligent, where it assumes a local priority for the compass plane origin and thus adjusts both heading and altitude to achieve the desired rotation, but that could be confusing and frustrating in other ways.

Something to think about though...

- Oshyan

bigben

Apart from the sun's sliders, I also position it in the preview window by dragging it where I need it, especially if you want to position it in relation to clouds, and then return to the current render camera.

Oshyan

Quote from: bigben on September 19, 2014, 06:45:14 AM
Apart from the sun's sliders, I also position it in the preview window by dragging it where I need it, especially if you want to position it in relation to clouds, and then return to the current render camera.

This. Very much this. (when the sun is in view, of course)

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on September 21, 2014, 09:40:18 PM
Quote from: bigben on September 19, 2014, 06:45:14 AM

This. Very much this. (when the sun is in view, of course)

- Oshyan

I do this as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist