TG3 VS TG2... TG3 is hands down just better!

Started by TheBadger, September 23, 2014, 09:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

sinice getting TG3 I had not done much "serious" rendering. Just played a bit and tested things that I needed to. Mostly I have been leaning and working in other software.

But over the last several days I have been spending a bit of time trying to actually build and assemble nodes fore a scene I would like to render for a keeper. As apposed to look at for a while, think about, and then delete, which is what I mostly do.

First off, everything feels to me like it is faster. The 3D preview window for sure. But also the render its self feels like its moving a bit faster too.
And what I am really liking is the quality I am getting in my renders with nearly no tweaking (test renders so far, but not too small). Just so much better! The instant quality just puts me in such a nicer spot to start working! I really like it! And yes, that part at the end when the color wheel turns, and then the GISD happens. That is very fun!

Nothing new to report. Just some more conformation of some good improvements. Its so pleasing that I don't even want to complain about anything right now... That won't last though >:(  ;D
It has been eaten.

yossam

Software updates are supposed to give you "better stuff" instead of breaking the current version like some I have seen. Your job is to use it in a timely manner.  :P

And I agree with you about the speed and the quality of the renders.  ;D

TheBadger

QuoteSoftware updates are supposed to give you "better stuff" instead of breaking the current version like some I have seen

Oh man, how I know what you are saying!
It has been eaten.

PabloMack

Quote from: TheBadger on September 23, 2014, 09:07:06 PMsinice getting TG3 I had not done much "serious" rendering.

Have you tried the spherical camera yet? It's way cool.

TheBadger

Not yet. Read about it in every post that talked about it. Just have not gotten far enough in other soft yet to try to light them with TG maps.

Would love to see how others are doing though!
It has been eaten.