A common Vue and Terragen thingie....

Started by Marty, October 11, 2014, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty

I have noticed one thing that is common to both Vue and Terragen ( Terragen rocks compared to Vue, except in user/creativity friendly interface: But if starting in Vue you would soon be able to do the same things with much better results in Terragen: Ergo: Terragen rocks!): When you crop render a part of a scene you wanna change: Why is there not the same color/exposure balance? Any racerblade tips for what of Photoshops many variables I should be trying to balance when I want to merge a crop with a scene?

Marty

Example: For some reason Terragen rendering goes into a strange kinda stop from time to time: The lengthier the more likely (Will address later): So I have to stop and make a new render of the unrendered part: Question: Down part is a crop render of the exact same scene of the upper render: Why do I get this color?/exposure?/contrast?/shadow? difference? How can I balance this difference best in Photoshop?

Oshyan

This is probably due to Global Illumination differences. Best to calculate a GI Cache for the entire image and use that for any crop renders (assuming you have access to a version with GI cache). Without GI caching the best approach is to render a crop a bit larger than you need, then use Photoshop's Automate->Photomerge feature.

- Oshyan

Marty

Thanks Oshyan! Will look into GI Cache, never heard about it, but great if it could make crops "seamless"! :D