I've lost the default project.

Started by RedSquare, September 29, 2014, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSquare

Hi everybody,

I've come back to Terragen after about 7 or 8 years whilst I learnt modelling and other 3D software.  I updated from my TG2 Deep Edition to TG3+Animation a few days ago. (see jpg-3)[attach=1]

Then over the weekend I really ballsed up, by running a tutorial which has, or, I have; somehow overwritten the default project.  I've just spent the last eight hours trying to find the cause to no avail.

This is the current default project; plainly it isn't.  (see jpg-1)[attach=2]

As above, nor the default render nodes either. (see jpg-2)[attach=3]

I've lost count of how many times I've uninstalled TG3, then manually hunting through AppData – Roaming,  Program, all temp & Temp, user, documents, public documents,local etc files.  I ran a registry clean after I manually removed any reference to TG3 left behind using  Wisecare 365 but I haven't the faintest idea if any of the files left are relevant; nor what would happen if I cleaned them out.  The one that mentions vob I have vague awareness is related to a video file.  But the rest...... (see jpg-4)[attach=4]

Last but not least I repeated all above and re-installed TG3 but this time I did not register it with my key.  Result, the same.  (see jpg-5)[attach=5]

Can anybody help me;  I know that I can still use TG3, but it is not as it should be and, I'd rather like to get it back to where it should be.  What a syry iryot and  Twat!

I even download TG3 again from my account result the same;  something is getting at it and me.

Help!  if at all possible.

Win 7, original i7 not overclocked, 12Gb memory not overclocked, 3Tb HDs.  1200W PS.

Cheers, Roy

RedSquare

Oh shucks, I can't even use this board correctly so here are the individual jpgs[attach=1]

RedSquare

The next one[attach=2]

RedSquare

The next one.[attach=1]

RedSquare

:'(  Next[attachimg=1]

RedSquare

Knickers..[attachimg=1]

RedSquare

Ho hum[attachimg=1]

RedSquare

Finally, you can tell I'm a little old man.  ::) [attachimg=1]

Especially when I now find out you can right click the obstinate thumbnails and select separate window and they work.
Sorreeee.

yossam

The interface for V3 looks like that...............it does not use the same interface from V2. There is also only one render node.

RedSquare

@ yossam,  Durrrrrrrrr!  or should that be Grrrrrrr!  all that time I've wasted.  Thank you very much for those magic words.  I'm very grateful for your help and apologise for messing up the board and boring everybody to death with my imaginary problem. Pity the Wiki hasn't been updated with the difference.

Cheers.

Oshyan

Sorry about the confusion RedSquare. I'll work on updating the wiki in regards to the default project.

- Oshyan

RedSquare