I want to believe! animated

Started by Hannes, October 16, 2014, 12:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

But I wonder why a series of maps does work then. I've never done this, so it's pure theory.

Hannes

The texture only offsets when the transform shader gets different values than 0,0,0.
So using an image sequence is no problem, because it stays where it is.

Hannes

I found the solution.
(at the moment I am hitting my head against the wall)
It seems to be logical to animate the Y-axis in TG to get a vertical rotation. But in 3ds max the vertical axis is the Z-axis. I didn't know that the pivot orientation is imported as well. So what I did is check "position center" in the image map shader, offset the texture in the transform shader (using the X,Y,Z boxes the 3ds max way!) so that it's right in the middle of the disk and animate TG's Z-axis and voila: rotation without image sequence!
Thanks Ulco for setting me thinking. Anyway I'm a bit proud that I found it out by myself. ;D ;D ;D

Hannes

Although I have a headache now here is the result.
(the clip is a bit rough due to the compression settings I guess)

Dune

Yeah, great, Hannes! Good thinking!

Hannes

Something for the foreground.
Mesh displacer displacement animated and restricted by altitude constraint.

Dune

Bloody hell, that's nice! I really like that bufo bufo!

Oshyan

lat 64

It looks like Hannes has a good solution for some things I was trying to get to work.
I don't have any post-work software except Adobe Photoshop. So, this was my solution to animating a ducted fan on an airship.
I made four separate copies of my model. Then I rotated the fan a tad on each model and rendered every fourth frame with each model. Model 1 rendered frame 1,5,9 …; model 2 rendered fram 2, 6, 10…; model 3 renderd in frames 3, 7,11…; and model 4 rendered in frames 4, 8, 12, ….

Much of my movie thing was crap, but the fan looks like it turning to me! :P

Russ

I'm a half century plus ten yrs old. Yikes!

Hannes

Looks good. Russ.

Here is a test of some more stuff. I decided to not touch the camera animation. I hope that in the end it will be OK.
It's a small resolution but 3MB.

Dune

zaxxon