I want to believe! animated

Started by Hannes, October 16, 2014, 12:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

Wonderful. So short, so short (I know...). The road is kinda rough, no?

Oshyan

Nice! Shorter than I'd like, but it looks fantastic. Is the motorcycle also rendered in TG?

- Oshyan

Hannes

Thanks guys. Yes, I know it's short. But it took almost three weeks to render this. I know there's Pixel Plow and other render farms, but it somehow feels good to have rendered the whole thing on my own machine.

Yes, Oshyan, the motorbike is rendered in TG as well. Everything you see except the lens flares, the motion blur and the chromatic aberration is pure TG. One file.

Oshyan

Awesome stuff Hannes, probably the finest all-TG animation I've seen yet. Which is why it needs to be in 1080p and twice as long! :D

- Oshyan

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Oshyan!! It is actually 1080p (the dropbox file). I'd rather add some more scenes to the existing one than making this one longer (like you said in another thread: several different cuts rather than one very long shot).

Hannes

Thanks Kadri. I learned a lot during the process of finding things that increase rendertimes unnecessarily.

Kadri

Next scene a classic fly from the helicopters viewpoint-high to the UFO? :)

Hannes

Funny! I had something like this in my mind :D. Let's see.

Oshyan

Ah yes, the download version is indeed 1080p. Why isn't the Vimeo one? Huh.

Multiple shots sounds good indeed.

- Oshyan

Hannes

I guess you need to create a "Pro"-account or something like this to upload clips in Full HD...

Kadri

Yes looks like so. But the original is there for upload too.
Have you tried Youtube for full HD Hannes? Might not have such a restriction.

Oshyan

YouTube does not have that restriction, however Vimeo does often seem to have better quality (at equivalent resolution) than YT. Still, since the original clip is in 1080p, would be nice to have that available online...

- Oshyan

Dune

Terrific footage, Hannes!!! Too short, but man, what quality! I have to look again and again, as it's going so fast, that you easily miss the toad. Awesome job!