Into the wild

Started by alessandro, October 25, 2014, 08:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alessandro

Quote from: otakar on October 29, 2014, 04:05:28 PM
Really pretty, but do tell, how did you get that fur to render so finely? Is this an insanely high poly model?

The models, with fur, are quite large indeed. Momma Bear is about 890MB (exported as .OBJ from DAZ Studio+Look at my Hair plugin).
Look at my Hair allows to export strands and set the root/tip width of those; so I usually export root/tip with a ratio of 2:1, so that with antialiasing, from distance, they look very thin and "fluffy".
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

otakar

Thanks for responding. Yes, that qualifies as insanely high poly ;D. Looks great, probably the best fur I have seen rendered in TG. I guess for a single model (or two) with enough RAM in the rig it is still manageable depending on what else is in the scene.

alessandro

Quote from: otakar on October 29, 2014, 07:08:42 PM
Thanks for responding. Yes, that qualifies as insanely high poly ;D . Looks great, probably the best fur I have seen rendered in TG. I guess for a single model (or two) with enough RAM in the rig it is still manageable depending on what else is in the scene.

Insanely high poly? :)
See this other I did some time ago: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,16657.msg162726.html#msg162726
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

bobbystahr

Quote from: alessandro on October 29, 2014, 07:13:37 PM
Quote from: otakar on October 29, 2014, 07:08:42 PM
Thanks for responding. Yes, that qualifies as insanely high poly ;D . Looks great, probably the best fur I have seen rendered in TG. I guess for a single model (or two) with enough RAM in the rig it is still manageable depending on what else is in the scene.

Insanely high poly? :)
See this other I did some time ago: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,16657.msg162726.html#msg162726

Yeah!! that one completely blew my mind.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Yeah, that one was even more awesome. Viewed quite a few times as well  :o

otakar

Right. You are definitely pushing the limits. Great that TG can handle it in any case. The more realism (in objects) the better.

TheBadger

Oh man. This should be an animation! This is a movie, its just not moving yet.
It has been eaten.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd