orthographic render

Started by TheBadger, November 08, 2015, 10:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hi,

I have thought about this off and on for a long time. I may have even asked about it at some point and can't recall (if so, sorry).
But how can I set up the renderer to render a true orthographic view of a scene?

As strange as it may be, I think there could be some fun in this on its own, but also, I am making architectural models to us in TG, and I would like to make some 2D elevation renders. I feel like TG would add some more cool to it, possibly... I can do this in Maya, it is set up from default to have the 4 views counting perspective. But I don't think that we have talked about it for TG, that I can remember right now.

Thanks.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Have you checked the camera settings and tried the Orthographic mode?...

- Oshyan

TheBadger

You know, I just don't know why I did not remember that was there. I must have seen it a million times. I think that I must have just not had any use for it before this project and totally blanked it out.

Please delete thread :-\
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Nah, what if someone else has the same question and uses the Search? :D

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Then he will think Im an ass hat too?

;D

Oh well. Whatever you got, STRUT!
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

That's right, own it!

- Oshyan

TheBadger

lol

Alright, but I ran a test on a file I already had set up for rendering. Its the ruin temple scene I was testing and showed in Image sharing. I am currently rendering an 800 pix wide image. Same setting everything else.

In normal camera view a test render at this size with all other settings as my larger render, it should take less then 7 or 8 min. But the ortho is now at 47min with a long way still to go. that is an incredible increase.

It has been eaten.