Big Oak Flat

Started by zaxxon, October 29, 2014, 09:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

Thank you so very much Saurav. I really appreciate your feedback and kind words. It was some marvellous pieces of  your work that had captivated me for so long, and eventually were  big factors in my decision to leave Vue and concentrate on Terragen. Thank you.

TheBadger

Dang thats nice! Love the oaks.
Oaks are really interesting I think. Where I live oaks do not look like in your image. But your image looks just like what I have seen of out west. The english oak also looks very different from where I live. Pretty awesome tree, thats all.

Great render
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Incredibly natural! Agree with the others about some minor things like the leaves' saturation. Otherwise no crits. There's a great sense of depth and I really love these oaks. Where are they from? In Germany we have this kind of oaks as well, so this image reminds me of some German places as well. Maybe a bit less dry...

archonforest

Very nice one. Oaks are very nice. Looking oak models since a while without luck...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

zaxxon

Here's a new render with some more appropriate leaf shading for the Oaks, I also modified the shading in the large green shrubs to fit better with the Oaks. I think these changes better serve the image, thanks for the feedback folks!

Hannes and Archonforest: The Oaks are my work out of Speedtree. If anyone here has ST then I certainly could post a video on how to construct them and provide some textures. The ST base model library serves as 'seeds' if you will  ;). From those it is relatively simple to tweak and vary using ST's tools to create an endless variety of that species. Still a little surprised that we don't see more ST and The Plant Factory work here. Per my reading of the ST Eula there is no problem if original work is shared as 'work-product' between individuals within a common company, provided each individual owns a 'seat' (individual license). So were we as TG users to form a company, we could share assets and ST files (SPM - Speedtree Procedural Model) with each other. Any interest?

TheBadger: I love Oak trees: all sorts and sizes; where I live we are surrounded by thousands of Black Oaks - several hundred just on our property , and nearby is one of the last large preserves of an ancient Oak forest (it's being threatened - of course).

Tangled-Universe

Absolutely great work!
The adjustments to the leaf texture of the Oak is exactly how I had in mind :)
The other adjustments work well too, it's all blending nicely togeter.

I guess you'll be heading on to the Iceland Challenge now? ;)

Cheers,
Martin

zaxxon

Thanks TU! Right-on, off to Iceland!

Hetzen

I have to agree with others, beautifully subtle.

choronr

Outstanding improvements you have made here!

bobbystahr

Before the tweaks I'd have said hard to improve but wow now...photo real.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Boom, done. Awesome.

- Oshyan