FR: Node network - disconnect shaders

Started by Volker Harun, July 26, 2007, 06:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volker Harun

I have the following problem. And would be glad if planetside would add a suggested solution for an update now and then.

When working with the nodes, it is easy to assign shaders to the input of another by using the right-click (see attached image).

You can see in the image, that there is a connection, but no visible line (it is going to the internal network of a group).

Would it be possible to add an option to the popup menu that does 'disconnect shaderXYZ'?

Regards,
Volker Harun

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bigben

This might be useful when zoomed out. When you're zoomed in a bit to the network simply dragging the input up a little and releasing it on empty space is just as easy (sometimes too easy when you're moving nodes around)

Volker Harun

Hi Bigben,
when looking at the picture you see that there is a connection to 'Colour Var III' but no line to drag ,-)

Matt

The intended behaviour is that this connection is made invisible when it is connected to a node that is not on the same level, but that does not occur until you either switch to another level and then return or close the network and reopen it. That should be considered a bug and we will fix that.

It is still possible to disconnect the shader by going into the Surface Layer's internal network.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Volker Harun

I do not care, that the connection does not show up - that is the reason why I put my stuff into the internal of groups.
It is just about the ease to kill a connection.

The internal network of the parent surface layer does not show anything. Just checked it.

mogn

The difficult way:
1) Create a function node
2) Assign this to the input (with the invisible connection)
3) Delete the created function node

By the way a group also have an internal network!

Volker Harun

Hi Mogn,
thanks for the help. You describe the way I have to do it now. It is a workaround which could be easily replaced by that requested menuitem.

I know that groups have internal networks - else I wouldn't run into this 'trouble', would I? ,-)
I like a clean view on the node network, thus all the terrain and surface shaders I use quite often are hidden within a couple of groups which are loaded by default.

:D Volker