I have an entry.... Final

Started by mhaze, November 09, 2014, 06:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

But I'm not going to reveal it yet  ;)

Tangled-Universe

mhaze

I'm trying to encourage a few more entries!

zaxxon

Dune

People are taking their time to find the perfect entry I suppose. There's time..............
But I agree, I want to see more ideas ventilated.

choronr

I'm convinced the title of your image Mick will be: 'My secret Place'.

mhaze

Here's the first iteration - lots more to do.

Dune

Keep in mind that it has to have a photographic feel! And no trees on Iceland, I'd say.

mhaze

Medieval times.  Anyway there are trees in Iceland.  Yes, The photo feel isn't my best point  :-[ but a fantasy interpretation is allowed!

Dune

Yeah, you're right. Didn't know that.

mhaze

Anyway, I'm curious exactly what do you find unrealistic - the sky?  I know the volcano needs work anything else strike you?

Tangled-Universe

Hi Mick,

What I generally miss so far in all the entries is a plan.

For challenges like this I would collect references and basic research to choose what I would like to make and especially which type of scene would suit my TG strengths best(!).
I think that's very important to have before getting started.
Then it's a matter of iteration and I know you're very good at that, because you've proven before you're not afraid to keep working on a scene to nail it.

This image is already very detailed and "busy". Snow, jagged/rugged mountains, dead tree, wild sky and an erupting volcano. Not to mention the ice shelves.
It's ambitious, to say the least :) but may be you should take a step or two back and first think about what you really want, instead of everything possible?
I think the best Iceland pieces are the ones of simplicity and tranquile almost desolate atmosphere.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Martin

mhaze

Good point, glad you said that.  Ice on river not ice shelf! No excuses but was having fun attempting all the things I never tried before, volcano's, ice, procedural snowy trees etc.  Now I can start to refine.

archonforest

Actually I like it alot already :))
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

choronr

The thing that first got my attention was your ice shelves. If it were me, I'd keep them. As for the rest, Martin's ideas are solid. Keep it simple with a focal point to draw the viewer in. I scrapped my first image since it had too many things going on.