Image too hazy

Started by Erwin0265, November 07, 2014, 07:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erwin0265

Yep, me again with another series of questions/requests for help............
Since my recent posting blitz, I have been working on one (yes, only one) image by following along a series of Geekatplay tutorials (Lake View).
Anyway, I'm now playing with the lighting and atmosphere - the make or break of many images..........
My problem is this; my image is far too hazy, even when I have the haze set to 0 (which should be totally unnatural - unless the planet has no atmosphere).
I have attached a WIP image where I was working on plant populations and the image was far less hazy; as well as a current WIP where I am working on the atmosphere and lighting and everything is just hazy plus!
I have also attached the current tgd for anyone who may like to have a play with a truly newbie T3 file.............. :-[

Any help will be, as always, truly appreciated; atmo and lighting is my major crux in Vue also - only difference being that there is little help to be gleamed for the C3D forums (too much ego, not so much knowledge).............
OK, who farted?

Matt

The TGD attached has a completely different atmosphere to those images, so I can't use it to diagnose the problem. But in general, what you're seeing as haze might be the result of "haze density" or "bluesky density" or both (each has quite a different effect though). Also, if you add cloud layers they might appear to create haze if they are between terrain/objects and the camera.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Erwin0265

QuoteThe TGD attached has a completely different atmosphere to those images, so I can't use it to diagnose the problem.

Oops; I seem to be pretty good at doing these stupid things; however, I have no idea HOW I did that one!..................
Anyway, attached is the correct image.
I think I may have the decay set a bit too high, but that's another issue (one that I should be able to solve with relatively little fuss).
I'm also not happy with the snow distribution on the mountain, but that's primarily due to my skills in WM2, or lack thereof........
WRT the clouds; I made sure that the cloud layer was higher than the highest tip of the mountain, so that should be OK.
I have been playing with the Bluesky density, but I set the Haze density to zero (Unrealistic, I know, but I'm just trying things currently - just to get some sort of visible result.
This is where I am failing; it makes diagnosing the problem rather frustrating......................
Thanks for your time thus far; I hope you can spare some more on the right file this time (sorry).................
OK, who farted?

archonforest

Under Atmosphere/Height Control u might find some buttons that might help u out. I would try"Haze exp height" and "Ceiling adjust" perhaps :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Matt

Ok, so the TGD matches this new image. Everything you need to know to reduce the haze is in my first reply, but I should add that "red sky decay" is linked to "bluesky density" so one changes the other.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.