Iceland Contest Entry - Final

Started by Gannaingh, November 11, 2014, 08:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Sounds good. Btw we featured your image in a brief update on the contest on social media today. :)

- Oshyan

Gannaingh

More updates! I've done some work with the WM flow mask for the erosion stones, but primarily have been focusing on the foreground shore. Sooner or later I'll get around to working on the mid-ground .

Oshyan

Yessss. You are on the right track with the rocks and other adjustments, definitely.

- Oshyan

archonforest

I was thinking that I would participate in the contest with my picture I did but your render killed this idea instantly.  :D
Those rocks...etc are awesome!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

You should make an entry and support the competition and you never know the judges minds.

TheBadger

Yeah, People do better than they think they do. We are all to hard on our selves sometimes.

Getting better and better Darth.
Fun to watch. Sometimes its better to se these develop in parts than to get one finished image. Can enjoy it longer this way :D
It has been eaten.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

choronr

Dune

Do go ahead with the contest, Archonforest! It's not all about a photoreality, it's also about the best use of Terragen features, composition, uniqueness, guts, etc. You'll think of something quite different than this excellent work, and still have a chance!

Gannaingh

Thank you, everybody, for the comments!

Archonforest, I'll echo the other folks encouraging you to give it a go and submit an entry. There's almost two months left before you need to submit your image, so there's plenty of time to come up with something great. I really, really enjoy seeing people's creative process as they work through an image, so I guess my encouragement is partially selfish  ;)

archonforest

Quote from: darthvader1 on December 16, 2014, 09:39:06 AM
Archonforest, I'll echo the other folks encouraging you to give it a go and submit an entry. There's almost two months left before you need to submit your image, so there's plenty of time to come up with something great. I really, really enjoy seeing people's creative process as they work through an image, so I guess my encouragement is partially selfish  ;)

Ok I'll send in my Iceland render... :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

inkydigit

Quote from: darthvader1 on December 14, 2014, 12:09:13 PM
More updates! I've done some work with the WM flow mask for the erosion stones, but primarily have been focusing on the foreground shore. Sooner or later I'll get around to working on the mid-ground .
Killer.... Superb, looking forward to the next tweaks!
:)
Cheers
J

zaxxon

Beautifully crafted WM work, really adds to the TG repertoire. The dramatic lighting works well with the terrain, looking forward to the mid-ground work. A powerful entry!

mhaze

Yes, superb moody work.  I'm impressed with the quality of your world machine output, mine always seems so much cruder than this.