My wip thread

Started by TheBadger, November 17, 2014, 05:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

I'll put my final here. Whatever that will be.
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

One part of one possible focus I am playing with. A braided river.

It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Promising terrain. Where's it from?

- Oshyan

choronr

Nice going here Michael. Looking forward to your progress.

TheBadger

Hand made image map in PS.
I will post it if someone likes me to.

Well it is two image maps, one in the positive, and one in the negative. As was brought up in that "help with blending" thread I posted. Some good info there, I'm trying to go through it and see what works for me. Right off I found that layering multiple images maps does indeed make things better. this Braided river will have 3-4 if all goes well. And I have some, what I think, are good ideas to get a special water effect. I believe I can get the water to look mostly like here: http://www.inspirationgreen.com/assets/images/Photography/Iceland/Andre-Ermolaev-07.jpg

Although, I don't have an idea to create a directional flow. I will ask Ulco about that. I think he did a bunch of stuff where he got the water to flow in a specific direction. Or it was something like that.

Thanks Guys! The prizes are too good not to make a big effort. And I am starting early enough to at least have a chance to finish something this time. Winning would be icing on the cake  ;D
It has been eaten.

Dune

For directional flow you'd need to make the river itself procedurally, so you can derive the flow from that. Or, you can probably fake it roughly if you get a double warped line (SSS) sort of the same direction as your image map. Warp it by some carefully placed soft SSS's, or hit a perlin seed a trillion times  ;) But it won't be directional for every little creek.

zaxxon

Nice shapes! Curious to see what POV you come up with, nice start!

TheBadger

Thanks!

Also wanted to play with marshes and Iceland has some good ones. Here is a test. I have other things I want to try, so not sure if I'll stick to this one. But Its enough to get the idea.

It has been eaten.

Oshyan

What the hell Badger, that looks awesome! Why don't you post more? Yeesh. :D

- Oshyan

choronr

Agree; Michael, you've got to stop hiding this good stuff. Keep them coming man.

zaxxon

Dune

Michael's coming out  :D :D Great, man. Are they objects or displaced squares? You could (should) add some lichens. I like the cinema ratio as well.

j meyer

Yep,very nice,especially the rune stones. 8)
Keep them coming.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd