Looking for...............

Started by yossam, March 27, 2013, 04:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

a DEM of Mt. Fuji.

If someone could point me in the general direction, I would appreciate it.

My search turned up 0.

chrisshort

Did you ever find one?  May have a lead if you didn't...

mr-miley

yossam, I found this in my collection of assorted TG stuff. Not tried it yet so it might not be any good, but have a go with https://mega.co.nz/#!oFEzgJhR!9dp4rzisQjPsjaknJrQAodtbbID-Rf6C7leYD5Q06l0 The file is called "mount-fuji-8193x8193.ter" so I'm presuming that that's actually what the file's of.... :-)

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

yossam

Gone to look...........thx for the info.  ;D

archonforest

Quote from: yossam on March 09, 2015, 05:12:44 PM
Gone to look...........thx for the info.  ;D

I tried but cannot locate that MT on the DEM. Might doin something wrong. Did you succeed Yossam?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

yossam

It is at the origin, as well as the camera. The camera will be under the terrain when it loads. Raise it and move the camera back until you see it. The .ter is huge................8193X8193. It covers a lot of ground besides the Mt.

mr-miley

Yossam, was it what you were looking for? Is it any good? I've had that Ter file for years, but never used it. First time I've had a chance to upload anything big over our brand new leased line in work. Took all of 2 mins for the 131MB file  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

yossam

mr-miley,

Thanks for the file. I really haven't had time to completely look it over. I just opened it and found the Mt. I hope to get time later in the week to get serious with it. Again thanks. Btw............nice upload speed.  ;)

archonforest

Quote from: yossam on March 10, 2015, 04:14:15 AM
It is at the origin, as well as the camera. The camera will be under the terrain when it loads. Raise it and move the camera back until you see it. The .ter is huge................8193X8193. It covers a lot of ground besides the Mt.

Hmm still cant see that Mt.
So here is what I do:
Load Highfield(DEM)
Then raise the cam and move back right? Thats all? Any extra dips is needed btw?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd