Buffalo in the snow

Started by alessandro, November 23, 2014, 05:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alessandro

A composition featuring a herd of buffalos struggling to find their way through the storm. Landscape designed and rendered in Terragen 3; buffalo 3D model developed by me, furred and rendered in DAZ Studio and composited later in Photoshop, along the snow storm effect.

Providing also the image without the snow storm effect.
Thanks for looking.
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

alessandro

As a reference, here are some test renders of the buffalo 3D model that I developed and furred in Look at my Hair, and rendered later in DAZ Studio.

www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

yossam

I like both................pics and mesh.  ;D

Kadri

Looks great Alessandro.
Curious how the mountains on the far side would look with more haze and a little more 3D snow maybe.

Oshyan

This comes together pretty nicely. The buffalo elements are very well integrated. I find some of the snow areas to be surprisingly rough though, they look a bit too much like white rock or something. Maybe smooth out some of the snow? Otherwise quite good.

- Oshyan

j meyer

I know it's a TG forum,but since you posted pics of
your model,too....
Please look into the fur again,it's much too fluffy and
soft looking,really.And the structure of the part around
the head,the neck and shoulders should be cleary differing
from the back part,even in the winter.

TheBadger

Quote from: Kadri on November 23, 2014, 07:42:41 PM

Looks great Alessandro.
Curious how the mountains on the far side would look with more haze and a little more 3D snow maybe.

Agree.

But its not a negative crit. The image is very good. Just that it can be even better.
It has been eaten.

choronr

Fine work; looking forward to the next iteration.

mhall

I really like this!

I particularly enjoy how the heavy feel of those snow clouds balances the brighter snow and mountain on the right side of the frame. Nice lines and composition - even the Buffalo walking so strongly out of frame works well here.

~Micheal

Lady of the Lake

A very fine image.  Your buffalo are great.

otakar

It's spectacular. Somehow makes 'Polar Express' enter my mind every time I look at this. Must be the season :)

inkydigit

Spectacular snow scene, love the beasts!
Cheers
Jason
:)

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram