A talk to a dragon

Started by Hannes, November 25, 2014, 04:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This sounds quite interesting. The guy "standing there calmly on fire" sounds really good! ;D ;D ;D
I considered using one of my knights standing in front of the dragon, but I really like the Pink Floyd solution  ;).

Oshyan

"The Pink Floyd Solution" Exactly! Hehe. In fact that could be the title of your image? ;)

- Oshyan

Hannes

Yes. The burning guy saying to the dragon: "wish you weren't here!" ;D

Hannes

Update.
I rearranged the dragon and the guy, who is now standing there calmly on fire (no postwork - some localised clouds representing fire).

Dune

Super! I like this very much. Only I would decrease specs on the dragon, it looks a tiny bit plastic. It should be dirty and dusty a bit.

Hannes

Thanks Ulco. Great idea. Shouldn't be too problematic.

Upon Infinity

I like the new angle a lot better.  Seeing this almost makes me want to take another crack at finishing my dragon model.  Almost.

choronr

Oh so nice Hannes! And, that rock face is the best I have seen.

Hannes

Thanks a lot (again!). Your comments are always one hell of a motivation.

Hannes

Here is a closeup of the dragon's next iteration. I added some kind of a matt mossy layer and some warts, which are actually two populations of rocks (one from the underside and one from the upper one)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on November 28, 2014, 10:58:10 AM
Here is a closeup of the dragon's next iteration. I added some kind of a matt mossy layer and some warts, which are actually two populations of rocks (one from the underside and one from the upper one)

F stones for warts...who da thunk it...well done man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

choronr

Now that's creativity. A good addition to an already handsome Dragon.

Hannes

No Fake stones, Bobby. I tried that, but I couldn't get any real displacement, so I decided to use a population of rocks.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd