Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

DannyG

Steam is looking much better
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

yossam

Soft shadows enabled............render time almost doubled. Still not too bad.............still not finished.   ???

Lady of the Lake

Somehow you got the shadow place on the sail again....not as bad as in the beginning but it is there now. 

Kadri

Looks good Yossam .
Curious about the next version. And please can you give the boat a nudge to the right side :D

yossam

I don't know where the shadow is coming from........... ???

Kadri, I moved the boat to the left to try to get rid of the shadow...........as you can see, didn't work. Back to the drawing board.  :'(

Kadri

If you disable the light behind the mountain does the shadow go away?

yossam

I think it might have to do with the translucency setting on the sail in combination with GI settings...........it doesn't show up every time I render. Playin............TBC.  ;D

yossam

Almost got rid of it................. ::)

Lady of the Lake

choronr

Dune

It's almost there, Richard! Were will the Vikings go? On the ship? Or will they be waiting on shore? There's one more thing; maybe cool the light a little (it's very warm overall), and maybe give the rocks a little more variety in displacement. If they would have come from that mountain, they'd be a bit more rugged. Perhaps. Just an idea.

yossam

Vikings will be both on the ship and shore the way I see it at the moment...........that is always subject to change.  :-\  You are right about the rocks........they would be rougher than what they are now.  ;D

Oshyan

Am I the only one who is not seeing a lot of difference from the Soft Shadows? This might be a situation where you can avoid using it and save some render time. Just something to consider...

- Oshyan

yossam

I think maybe you are right Oshyan. Render time is just in the 2 hour range with the soft shadows enabled so its no biggie. Adding the Vikings shouldn't send the time soaring.................but it's an option if needed.

Anywho...............worked on the map for the sail (trying to get rid of the donut from hell), roughed up the rocks, added some deer, and dropped the sun 1 degree. And last but not least............cooled it off.  8)