WIP-Iceland

Started by yossam, November 25, 2014, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Richard, this is looking fabulous. 

Dune

OK, here's me again with some comment: I think it's cooled a little too much now, and you have to check the size of those reindeer, they look enormous in comparison to the ship. Or the ship is way too small. How big were these ships, 20m? Dear are quite small in real life. So, off to work again, Richard, sorry  ;)

yossam

The deer are at scale to the ship.............see if you can find them.  ::)

choronr

Looks like a winner Richard; and yes, I do see the deer. Be sure the final render is in a large size.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

yossam

Some adjustments.................... :-\

Dune

It's gathering momentum!

masonspappy

Looking better and better. Could the boat be lightened up just a tad? (Or is the deep shadow part of the effect you're after?)

yossam

Render time was almost 8 hours................ ???

j meyer

Aaah,the dreaded norsemen rolling in.

A question,if you don't mind:what is that structure on top of the
foreground hill/mountain to the right?

choronr

Perfection; very good!

yossam

The structure is a large horn used for greetings or warnings..............whatever the case might be.  ;D

j meyer

8) Nice detail.
Keep going Richard!

Dune

It's really coming together, Richard. There's one thing you should take a look at; there's a stretched piece of fake stone near the ship's bow. A too sharp mask or fuzzy zone maybe? And I would still do some work on the rocks, make them more irregular and without the tiny displacements. Maybe a simple billowed or voronoi noise with sizes 0.5/2/0.01 and a displacement of 0.5 and offset of 0.1. See what happens then.

yossam

Worked on the rocks again, changed the POV just a tad, tweaked the maps on the ship. I'm thru unless someone can give me a reason not to be.  ;D