WIP-Iceland

Started by yossam, November 25, 2014, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Lady of the Lake

Does the left hand mountain look out of place compared to the others?  The others are mostly horizontal and it is vertical in strata.  Liking the shoreline and lighting a lot.

yossam

Still got work to do on the displacements..........good eye though.  :P

When you gonna update your post...............it was really good, Pea.

TheBadger

Wow that is way more dramatic than from what it was at the start! Great set up. Just needs tweaking now.
It has been eaten.

yossam

Gonna take a break.............getting a headache.  :'(

I already thought of a title..............gonna keep it to myself until I'm "finished" with this.

choronr

Richard, you have a good one going here.

Dune

You're doing well. The strata was a bit too much indeed, you could restrict that too minimum slope or higher altitudes, and PF, for some strata here and there, but not near the coast. The black rocks need algae and a wet line!

yossam

One more time................ :)

yossam

Happier with the steam............now if someone could tell me why there is a "ring of fire" on the sail I would appreciate it.  :o

Dune

It probably has to do with the vertices on the sail model. What if you up translucency? Or uncheck premultiply color?

You should warp the vertical cloud (by a warp shader in x and Z direction). My opinion, at least.

yossam

Twerking.............sorry tweaking.  :P

Probably the last update for awhile............gonna be deep inside Poser. I have a few Vikings to make.  :-\

inkydigit

Lighting here is super... Looking forward to see what your twerking tweaking produces!
:)
J

Dune

So what did you do to remove the sail artifacts?

yossam

Actually I didn't do anything................I think it was a sign from the gods.  ::)

TheBadger

I really really like the blacks on the right. That is really rich and dramatic. I also like a lot the transition from darks to lights across the whole image.

My only thing about this scene now is it feels like it is missing lots of little details. little stones and color variations and such. Perhaps some fine erosion as well. A braided stream through the valley and emptying into the lake may be effective here too.
It has been eaten.