Grass Shaders

Started by Urantia Jerry, December 31, 2014, 10:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urantia Jerry

I tried to upload the TGD and Heightfield, but together they were too big.  So here is a clip file of the grass shaders.  The colors for the shaders come from pictures of real places I downloaded. - Jerry

bobbystahr

Quote from: Urantia Jerry on December 31, 2014, 10:48:36 AM
I tried to upload the TGD and Heightfield, but together they were too big.  So here is a clip file of the grass shaders.  The colors for the shaders come from pictures of real places I downloaded. - Jerry

I'm guessing then that these won't work as the clip file doesn't store the image, just the address; which is your computer. DL'd em anyway.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Oh I see, you got the colours from photos but used good ole PF to make em...understood; and thanks for sharing. Rendering a test with the grass clump POP as I type.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Here's what I got. I'm quite colour blind in the green area but tonally this looks quite nice. Thanks again.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Urantia Jerry on December 31, 2014, 10:48:36 AM

There are quite a few free file sharing services; I use sendSpace (up to 300 M .zip-ed or .rar-ed) and sometimes I use my Drop Box, also free and quite handy.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 31, 2014, 08:55:11 PM
Here's what I got. I'm quite colour blind in the green area but tonally this looks quite nice. Thanks again.

Wait is this using the Grass Pop built in? Looks actually pretty decent. I think it's missing some translucency making shadows a bit hard and dark but overall I like it.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 31, 2014, 09:29:24 PM
Quote from: WASasquatch on December 31, 2014, 09:15:09 PM

Wait is this using the Grass Pop built in? Looks actually pretty decent.

yup

Pretty nice. I usually like taller un-managed blades and transparency and specular to bring out color in the light.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on January 02, 2015, 01:23:04 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on December 31, 2014, 09:29:24 PM
Quote from: WASasquatch on December 31, 2014, 09:15:09 PM

Wait is this using the Grass Pop built in? Looks actually pretty decent.

yup

Pretty nice. I usually like taller un-managed blades and transparency and specular to bring out color in the light.

Was just a quick test of the .tgc, no biggie on the plants. pretty much default.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New