inkydigit's Iceland renders

Started by inkydigit, December 01, 2014, 05:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Hannes

Gannaingh

Looking really good! The subtle addition of colors is beautiful.

TheBadger

Grand! TG really does this sort of thing right, in the right hands. Great stuff here Ink!
It has been eaten.

DannyG

Scale is awesome, tons of detail .. WoW
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

gregtee

It's amazing what a little post processing can do.  The added contrast makes the image jump off the page.  Now you can "sculpt" the scene by adding color corrections to localalized parts of the image to steer the viewer's eye where you want it to and give more overall shape to the composition. You've got a great foundation to work on here.  I've spent hours noodling renders in Photoshop or Nuke using mattes and power windows to shape the frame, adding warmer tones in some areas, cooler in others in an effort to balance the image and create mood.  Have fun with it. 
Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

N-drju

Jason's going for top five. :)

I liked the darker image better.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

QuoteJason's going for top five
There are only (more or less) 5 contestants  >:( Quite dissappointing, actually, so I hope for some more daredevils!

N-drju

I'd also gladly take part but currently I'm working on a mind-boggling, lengthy animation. :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Kevin F

Well I've got one brewing, but keeping a low profile so far!

inkydigit

Wow, thanks for the positive feedback folks,
much appreciated.... :)
As I said the post work is a bit coarse, over sharpened/fake hdr a little imho...
...There are only a handful of surfaces here, all of which will be getting children etc. soon!
:D
So, I am looking forward to tinkering on surfaces and masks, and digging out my truck tracks clips!!.... (thanks Bob and Ulco... I knew I would not get away for long without any sign of arrival etc.!!!)
I was pleasantly impressed with Snapseed, used with care, some good (finer) results will be possible I am sure.
Render quality and AA and atmo settings are medium at present, so will all have a boost, initial tests look promising.
back to the laboratory!
cheers
J
:)

Dune

@ Kevin: Well, don't, as imput from the forum may yield some inprovements that you'd otherwise looked over. It happens.

TheBadger

Quote from: Dune on January 07, 2015, 03:28:54 AM
QuoteJason's going for top five
There are only (more or less) 5 contestants  >:( Quite dissappointing, actually, so I hope for some more daredevils!

Are you sure? Maybe some people are just working in private.
It has been eaten.

Dune

As I said, it's better to show some WIP's. You may look over some 'mistakes', which often happens if you're working on something. It's a learning experience as much as a 'winning game', IMHO. You never know if C&C will improve your work!

TheBadger

I agree.  :)
It has been eaten.