Started by inkydigit, December 01, 2014, 05:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

I will post some experiments and ideas as I go along;

Oshyan

Ooo, nice start. Great sense of scale.

- Oshyan

inkydigit

Thanks Oshyan... I felt the foreground was a bit too harsh, so I decreased the displacement of the (foreground) terrain, added some extra textures too:
These are preliminary aerial shots, nothing definite, just getting a feel for various different terrains, textures and moods etc.
I may get closer to the ground, we shall see...
:)
J

TheBadger

Oh I see, taking this to the next level in the first step! No meandering beginning with you. Well fine! I'll just work harder to compete... Who needs sleep and family anyway :o

Good start man!

;D
It has been eaten.

AP

I like the erosive flow details which add a lot of believability.

choronr

You've captured the effect of nature over many eons if time. We'll be watching the evolution of your creativity.

Dune

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

inkydigit

Quote from: TheBadger on December 01, 2014, 07:33:06 PM
Oh I see, taking this to the next level in the first step! No meandering beginning with you. Well fine! I'll just work harder to compete... Who needs sleep and family anyway :o

Good start man!

;D
Lol, to be honest, there was pretty much only a couple of steps before this... Most of my ideas were already formulated until this point:  I knew which terrain I wanted to use, so it was just fix PoV & change sunlight angle and direction, add some surfacing et voila...

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone!
Now for some details... As they say, the devil is in the detail!
Cheers
Jason

TheBadger

Is he in the details? Last I heard he was in Miss Jones.
It has been eaten.

inkydigit

Hi Folks,
I veered off on another tangent... similar, but different?
so, maybe another contender/line of attack??
lots of textures need to be added, and maybe some mid/far ground interest...
not sure... will go and do some more midnight reindeers, I mean renders!!
:D

I 'll keep you updated of my explorations...

Have a happy Beltane/Christmas/Hanukkah/Yule/holidays, or whatever you get up to over the next wee while!!
peace
inky

btw, no pw on this one, just jpegged

Dune

This is also a nice start, I like the distant rivers. But I think you need to give it some power somehow; clouds, lighting, texture variation. Curious to see whether this will be your venue, or something else pops up next week  ;)  Have good Xmas!

archonforest

Nice start inky! I like the terrain and the rivers at the back a lot ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

I quite like this, some great terrain and initial texturing. Lighting angle is also cool and dramatic. But it all seems quite dark. I'd be curious to see it just brightened up a good deal so we can see what's going on more, and then maybe I'd have some more feedback. But again the terrain and whatnot look great already.

- Oshyan