inkydigit's Iceland renders

Started by inkydigit, December 01, 2014, 05:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

The mind wanders here; so many possibilities. Looking forward to your next move.

inkydigit

Thanks folks, next one is on its way....
:)
J

inkydigit

Some surfacing and atmo/lighting tweaks.... Objects added may be subject to rearrangement and or removal!!
Any crits/comments welcome and appreciated....
Cheers
Inky
Btw no pw just jpegged

gregtee

I like it, your detailing is amazing and I really get a good feel for what the various surfaces are made of though it feels flat overall contrast wise.  Would be nice to see a little more tonal range, some deeper blacks and crisper high ends between the sun racked rocks screen left and darker in shadow terrain lower screen right.   
Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

Oshyan

I agree with Greg's feedback, but I definitely like where this is going. Good work.

- Oshyan

N-drju

I think I know those guys. :D Humans, in this or other form, are always a good addition to the scene.

Did you use crater shaders here?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

inkydigit

Thanks for the feedback Greg, Oshyan,Kadri and N drju ... A good bit more to add texturewise also maybe some steam or fumaroles or geysers... I will try to maximise the dynamism and tonality, hopefully mostly in TG but minimal post work is also possible... I'll keep you updated on with any progress 😄
No crater shaders yet 😄

choronr

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

inkydigit

Thanks M...
Some quick and rather rough post done in snapseed on iPad...not perfect, but a nice pw evaluation experiment!!

Oshyan

Yeeessss. Damn Inky, this looks really good. Seriously one of your best pieces I've ever seen (already). And the relatively subtle addition of a human element is really good too. It's quite evocative, at least for me, because it reminds me of a trip we took to the ice cave, riding in a huge, lifted, big-tire 4 wheel drive van across the glacial moraine to the base of the glacier to explore as a group. We got out and probably looked very much like this (minus the haze, which is still wonderfully atmospheric, and plausible for other areas of Iceland, and other seasons). If we'd had a drone to film us, I might have gotten a similar shot. :D

Really loving how this is coming together. The post work definitely enhances.

- Oshyan

choronr

This is looking really good. Don't forget the truck tracks.

Dune

Echo Oshyan and Bob. Before reading Bob's comment, I thought 'tracks'.
My eye is drawn to the subtle streams in the distance, very nice indeed.