Classic Erosion plugin

Started by Daniil, November 03, 2017, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icarus51

If i start the installer to extract to the plugin folder the program says "no file to extract". In the folder that i've downloaded from Daniil site really i don't see any dkclassicerosion.tgp. There is not. Perhaps this is the issue.

Daniil

Quote from: icarus51 on September 28, 2021, 12:01:14 PMI don't manage to install Classic Erosion 1.1.6. I start the installer (Repair) and then i start Terragen but i find the old file 1.1.5. In the plugins folder i find this old version. In the zip file i see only the installer, no file dkclassicerosion.tgp. The old version works but the new is missing. New version is signalled in the plugin window in Terragen like update. :(
Hello. The installer package from the official site contains only .msi file which extracts dkclassicerosion.tgp automatically. It should work though. If it doesn't, you can try to uninstall the previous version first (via Windows Control panel or App settings) and try a clean install (it will keep your license activated, so you don't need to enter your serial number again).

In case if this doesn't help, you can try manual installation. Download this archive https://daniilkamperov.com/download/dkclassicerosion_v1_1_6.zip and extract .tgp file to /Plugins/ subfolder in Terragen folder.

Daniil

icarus51

Hi Daniil,

Finally the plugin works.
Many thanks for your reply and help.

Claudio

xpez2000

does the classic erosion work on heightfield displacements. If anyone know can you tell me where it goes in the terrain heightfield  hierarchy? When I put it at the end of say load Heightfield / adjust vertical / resize / classic erosion... it made all the other landscape fractal displacements disappear and didn't affect the heightfield map. i am kind of confused.. I will keep trying different things though.

Daniil

Quote from: xpez2000 on September 30, 2021, 06:16:40 AMdoes the classic erosion work on heightfield displacements. If anyone know can you tell me where it goes in the terrain heightfield  hierarchy? When I put it at the end of say load Heightfield / adjust vertical / resize / classic erosion... it made all the other landscape fractal displacements disappear and didn't affect the heightfield map. i am kind of confused.. I will keep trying different things though.
Hello,
I've tried briefly and can't reproduce this problem. 
Could you please upload the .tgd?
Also, just in case, if your heightfield is located in different position than (0, 0) (Center), then you need to change location of Classic Erosion node accordingly ("Heightmap position" parameter). And, if you need to erode just heightfield, but leave landscape outside of it intact, you need to enable "Render outer terrain" checkbox.

Daniil

Tobinejumi

Hi!
Any chance for the Mac version? Ready to pay in advance if it will help.