Night Sky Toggle - v3 - 2014

Started by dandelO, December 07, 2014, 12:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Here's a new version of a night sky toggle background node because the last multicoloured star version I made was a bit of a clunky mess.

Much simpler here, it just uses one fractal now and has lots more editable controls like; Near Horizon Fade(distance based), Star Colouring, Saturation control, Colour Rotation and one click Random Seed.

Two pairs of screenshots; At the default star saturation level = 0.25. And the ones below at Saturation level = 1 for comparison.

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]

Colours can be inverted, rotated, scaled etc. via a transform shader, independently from the star positions.
Stars can be seeded, increased, decreased etc. all through one fractal now.
Insert it as a clipfile then, delete the default background node.

Pretty much an infinite amount of digital zodiac there to play with anyway.

:)

dandelO

* Moon and atmosphere not included, just my replacement background node.*

Cheers! :)

AP

This is a very good looking addition. Thank you kindly.

Dune

Hey Martin, good to see some work of you. Looks really good.

Hannes

archonforest

Very nice! Thx a bunch for the file :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Brrrt

I don't know if this might be useful for planet/moon designers, but maybe we can use it as textures for our projects?

http://laps.noaa.gov/albers/sos/sos.html

HTH

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

dandelO

Yuk! Those .jpg images are dreadfully banded now that I see them posted, should've used the png.
No matter now, they're simply to show the colouring and saturation of the stars here.

Thanks! :)

bobbystahr

Thanks you very much Martin, an awesome update....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

And here I was playing around with your v1 for colors. :P

However, i am interested in the moons glow effect. I'm not sure I have seen this. Is this in the atmosphere with a stronger surface lighting?

choronr

Thank you Martin, missed seeing you here.

dandelO

Cheers, all!

Quote from: WASasquatch on December 09, 2014, 01:23:11 AM

However, i am interested in the moons glow effect. I'm not sure I have seen this. Is this in the atmosphere with a stronger surface lighting?

For the Moon, have a look here: www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,15027.msg146267.html#msg146267

Although, the settings are different(I think the Fake Dark Power is at '1' or '2' in these images here), it's pretty much the same idea. :)

WAS

Quote from: dandelO on December 09, 2014, 04:52:28 PM
Cheers, all!

Quote from: WASasquatch on December 09, 2014, 01:23:11 AM

For the Moon, have a look here: www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,15027.msg146267.html#msg146267

Although, the settings are different(I think the Fake Dark Power is at '1' or '2' in these images here), it's pretty much the same idea. :)

Oh hey thanks DandelO, or Martin as you seem to be called. Not sure which ones appropriate. Much appreciated.