Terragen 2.5.5.0. Updates for everybody!

Started by Matt, April 27, 2013, 03:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

We only make the current versions of Terragen Free available for regular download. Why not compare using Terragen 3 Free instead?

- Oshyan

Chinaski

Yep, I understand, we are in TG3 era... In fact I'm not even sure there was a TG2 free 64b version at the time (I think all the installers I have are 32b version)...

Ultimately, I did it with the 2.5.5.0 32b version on both computers. Result: 3h22m55s for the 2x p3, 12min23s for the i5. Now I can negociate! :D

Last time I've did this type of contest, it was with Terragen 3 Free (32b on the old, 64b on the new), but I was under the impression that TG3 was reallly (really really) slow on the p3 compare to the 2.5.5.0 version of Terragen (don't get me wrong, I think it's really fantastic that TG3 can run on a 2001 computer without crashing)... That's why, this time, I was concentrate on the Terragen version I usually use. ;)
You don't understand me ? That's normal, I don't speak english.

Oshyan

TG3 shouldn't be notably slower than 2.5, in some cases it should be faster. But I'm glad you have a newer, much, much faster computer anyway. I remember your amazing texture experiments. Hopefully you can turn them into some great scenes now!

- Oshyan