Terragen 3.2 released - free update for all

Started by Oshyan, December 09, 2014, 07:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Terragen 3.2 is here! Glass shader, stereo camera with spherical support, fisheye lens, enhanced GIS support, new function nodes, performance improvements, bug fixes, and more. Find out all the details here: http://planetside.co.uk/32-released

The 3.2 update is free for all users. Just use the Check for Updates feature (Terragen will also prompt you to update automatically in the near future).

Enjoy!

- Oshyan

matrix2003

Thank you guys. You must be holding Santa in the basement!  ;D
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Oshyan

We would never! We don't want coal in our stockings. ;)

- Oshyan

Kadri

Stereoscopic camera options are great and fun to try. Double render time is...ahem :)
Seriously looks like a nice small update.

choronr

Thank you. I'm thinking that the Glass shader can be used with the 'Liquids' objects file by 'Spacebones' I uploaded a few years ago will work. Never could get the Liquids to get transparency; they only yielded opacity. The Liquids file has a dozen or more different water objects including waterfalls. Google this and you will find this available at RDR and one other place ...it is free.

Looking forward to testing this and the other new features. 

Thelby

I am getting a Navigation Error when clicking on the Update Tab from within Terragen 3.1

TheBadger

Quoteincluding stereo+spherical for Oculus Rift, etc.

TEHEHEHHE HEHHEHHEHE ehe hEHE Tehe ;D giddy with fun.
Something new to obsess about. The development kit is cheap. Though I keep hearing that there are other sets coming (other than the sony). So I have no idea now what to invest time in. But this is very encouraging!

Would really like to know though what prompted the inclusion of the "Oculus" in the language here?! IS matt or someone here already using TG to develop content? Games perhaps? At DD??
DOn't keep this stuff secret guys! THe more people going at it the better chance it will be all that people hope!
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Thelby: strange, all links are tested and working. Does it open your browser and the error occurs when trying to load the update page on the web? Or is the error from TG itself?

The thing is Badger, we work on specific scenarios frequently, and usually the community benefits from that focused development work. It's generally a safe assumption that if some specific thing gets in there, it's because of some project that was done. But there are always confidentiality issues/agreements and other factors that make it difficult or impossible to outright disclose specifics. We'd love to be able to talk about every project we get involved with, of course, but that's just not the way of the world, you know? In time it call comes out...

- Oshyan

TheBadger

I choose to take that as a yes. I also choose to see an inference that I should jump in cannon ball style.
It has been eaten.

mhaze

Great Christmas present - looking forward to playing with this.

bigben

OMG, what to play with first ;)  Stereo spherical render is impressive  8) ... The guys in research visualisation support were starting to get a bit far ahead, now I can catch up a little.

DocCharly65

Stereo camera function???  --  Do you guys at Planetside read my mind? ...  ;)

But I promise: The stereographic experiment last Sunday is absolutely pure hand made!  ;D

archonforest

I do not have internet on my rendering pc. Can I just simply download the latest free version and use my act key with that?

That was a silly querstion.... :o
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

rcallicotte

Can't wait to play. Thanks for the Christmas season update!!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Thelby

Now it is Terragen is telling me there are no new updates.  :o :o :o