Xfrog TGO scale question...

Started by jar862, December 09, 2014, 09:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jar862

Hello guys, I've been away from TG3 for long enough I saw a new update when I checked back in to it today. Woohoo. Anywho, recently over the Thanksgiving holiday I purchased the Xfrog bundle of plants. I went to play around with them and I notice when I load them, they seem to show up at the wrong scale factor. It looks like they come in at a factor of 10x smaller which would mean they are reading as cm not meters... Anyone have any ideas towards this?

Thanks JR.

Oshyan

Which format are you loading? TGO, or OBJ? The TGOs are preferred and should be at correct scale.

- Oshyan

jar862

I'm loading the TGO files into TG3.2, not the .obj files.

Oshyan

And they're coming in at the wrong scales? That's strange. Have you tried objects from multiple libraries? It's possible there are some libraries that weren't converted right, perhaps.

If the TGOs are at the wrong scale I'm afraid that's an Xfrog issue and you'd need to get in touch with their support to see if there's an overall fix. You can of course work around it in TG by scaling your objects manually, but a general fix would have to come from Xfrog.

- Oshyan

jar862

Thanks for responding so quickly. It looks like it's the set of Agricultural TGO models that come out small. Others I've tried from the West collection seem to be just fine. Again thanks for such a quick response.

Oshyan

Glad to hear it's a limited phenomenon. If you haven't already reported it to Xfrog, it could be good to do so. They may well just fix them and provide new downloads.

- Oshyan