Small Problem with the new Terragen update for MAC !

Started by pclavett, December 15, 2014, 12:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pclavett

Hi Planetside !
Since the recent update to the new Mac version of Terragen 3 this weekend, the software goes unresponsive after saving a clip file. I get the rolling beach ball thing and have to make a force quit to get out and start again. Not major....but annoying !
You can tell me if this has been an issue for others.
Otherwise it really rolls on my new MacPro, 12cores and 64 GB RAM......amazingly stable with the objects as I have done one on the weekend that had at least 50M instances and does handle this remarkably. Also the speed on this machine is amazing ! So do not have much to complain about but this little save clip thing may need to be looked at. Mind you...it does save the clip intact but have to reboot the software to be able to use it !
Thanks and have a great day !
Paul

PS I include de crash report if this can help !

Oshyan

That's a strange error, I don't recall anything directly related to clip files even being worked on. Maybe the Library stuff (do you have it set to auto-add things to your library?). Anyway, we'll look into it.

- Oshyan

pclavett

Hi Oshyan
It is a strange error and I did check and the auto add to library was on.....turned it off and tried to do another save clip.....still turns into the beachball thing and totally unresponsive and need to Force Quit.
So...it is a predictable event and will now try the previous version to see if present !
Maybe it is my new machine or the new Yosemite platform !
Thanks !
Paul

pclavett

Hi guys
I add not deleted the previous version of TG3 (build 3.1.02.0) and opened the same file that I was working on...got all sort of errors about Parameter strings and the sort....probably things that are present in the new version and not on the old....but guess what....saved a clip with that version and it does not crash the software and it stay responsive.
So it does seem to be an issue with the version rather than my computer....or maybe an interaction between my computer and the version....not qualified to interpret....just to report possible bug !
Therefore saving clips will not be a practical option with this version...so will likely continue working with the old for perfecting clips and saving them.
The new one seems to render faster though or maybe I am mistaking !
Have a good evening all !
Paul

Oshyan

Thanks for the additional info Paul. We have another bug fix for a different issue currently in testing. Hopefully we can track down the issue you're experiencing and then create a general bugfix update in the near future.

- Oshyan