Motion Blur - other than camera

Started by Volker Harun, July 29, 2007, 08:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volker Harun

Hi,

I was thinking of getting some more dynamic into my renders. And I am stuck by being able to add motion blur only when effecting the camera, its position and or rotation.

Will it be sometime, anytime possible to add motion blur to i.e. moving objects, terrain-modifications or so?

Or do I miss something?

Volker

old_blaggard

Right now it is only possible to apply motion blur to the moving camera.  I'm not sure what will be offered in the future, though....
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Matt

There are no plans to do this for the initial 2.0 release, but it's something I'd like to implement in future versions. Motion blur for object position/rotation changes will probably come before full blur of animated displacement functions.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

MooseDog

Quote from: Matt on July 31, 2007, 08:38:12 PM
There are no plans to do this for the initial 2.0 release, but it's something I'd like to implement in future versions. Motion blur for object position/rotation changes will probably come before full blur of animated displacement functions.

Matt

if i may cast a vote for keeping in mind shadows to be a part of this implementation.  think spinning light trick matt :)

Matt

Quote from: MooseDog on July 31, 2007, 11:17:56 PM
if i may cast a vote for keeping in mind shadows to be a part of this implementation.  think spinning light trick matt :)

It could probably be an option, but it would massively increase render times. The spinning light trick is a nice way to absorb the high cost of soft shadows into the cost already spent on multiple shading steps per frame, but it's not quicker than doing soft shadows 'properly' if you can avoid doing multiple shading steps.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

MooseDog

Quote from: Matt on August 01, 2007, 07:21:27 AM...but it's not quicker than doing soft shadows 'properly' if you can avoid doing multiple shading steps.

Matt

fair enough, sounds like you're all over it, properly  ;D