Opacity Woes

Started by PeanutMocha, August 29, 2012, 02:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

* Reading here again, I should point out that SwissAdA showed me this technique. All credit to him for solving the issue.

Thanks, P!

bobbystahr

Quote from: dandelO on December 22, 2014, 11:04:02 AM
* Reading here again, I should point out that SwissAdA showed me this technique. All credit to him for solving the issue.

Thanks, P!

Man o man am I ever glad you chimed in...Been crediting Ulco for this technique when I learned it from you here and you got it from SwissAdA...is SwissAdA a member here?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Did you? Well, don't credit me for everything, Bobby  ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 23, 2014, 03:41:00 AM
Did you? Well, don't credit me for everything, Bobby  ;)

heh heh, keep confusing my gurus
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

dandelO

Yes, Bobby. He produces wonderful aircraft scenes, thus my questioning him on prop-blur to prise out the secret! :)

dandelO

bobbystahr

Quote from: dandelO on December 23, 2014, 11:15:07 AM
Yes, Bobby. He produces wonderful aircraft scenes, thus my questioning him on prop-blur to prise out the secret! :)

good trick...hee hee hee...do y speak Swiss as well...that would have helped. Prop blur....d'oh....got some old prop planes I'd like to fly in TG.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: dandelO on December 23, 2014, 11:18:46 AM
Lovely gallery here... swissada.deviantart.com/gallery/

I'm fast, found him shortly after I posted. Searched here and took it from there...thanks all the same.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

dandelO

There might be an old post at Ashundar with node shots and explanations on how to blur a propeller that I posted. I'll look...

bobbystahr

Quote from: dandelO on December 23, 2014, 12:17:16 PM
There might be an old post at Ashundar with node shots and explanations on how to blur a propeller that I posted. I'll look...

I got some Poser files from rendo when I worked there but could never get em working and forgot about the project....hope I didn't delete it.
Lemme know if they're there and I'll pick em up as a guideline at least. You would have included maps I'm guessing and that would be valuable tute stuff.
I learn best from pictures(ex comix artist) and doing(current hippie artist)
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

You'd have to replace the object's propellors by a disc/flat square with the blurred image map textured onto it. Or add the disc/square, but make the propellors' opacity zero to keep the plane intact.

Hannes

It's necessary to have a separate object as the blur-propeller-plane, so that you can uncheck "cast shadows" for that, otherwise you'll have a nasty square shaped shadow.

bobbystahr

Thanks Dune and Hannes....I see now where I screw'd up trying to use the plane's prop....D'oh...rookie error. Did that often in Imagine3D but it's been since 2010 since I had that program to work with(computer won't install it, sigh) and I think I've forgotten almost as much as I'd learn'd/figgered out.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 24, 2014, 03:56:47 AM
You'd have to replace the object's propellors by a disc/flat square with the blurred image map textured onto it. Or add the disc/square, but make the propellors' opacity zero to keep the plane intact.

Indeed, save on having 2 models; in flight and landed...Did that with the landing gear already as I recall...must get back to that project even if I have to rebuild the .tgd from scratch.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New