Very nice stone and cracked rocks

Started by moodflow, July 30, 2007, 01:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volker Harun

I am rendering on all the 4 cores I have, but my stomach is itching ;)
I'll inspect it soon!

I saw yesterday a few images from Iceland ... these structures on v3 really fit to the inspiration.
Thanks J Meyer!

bigben

Quote from: j meyer on August 05, 2007, 06:02:36 PM

Hope it´ll be useful for someone,J.

It will be   ;D  Looks perfect for my current project.

king_tiger_666

great work from a photo to render:D  ;D ;D ;D
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

moodflow

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on August 05, 2007, 11:23:54 PM
great work from a photo to render:D  ;D ;D ;D

I agree with King Tiger... these are very impressive!   
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Tangled-Universe

Very nice looking cracks indeed :)
Next funny thing could be to restrict the cracks only to a strata or redirect-shader (inverted or not) and see how that looks.
I think you can get amazingly realistic pictures.

j meyer

:o Thanks to all of you!;D
T-U:good idea,let´s see that.
bigben:can´t wait to see your project.
Volker Harun:hope your stomach gets well soon.

bigben

I had a quick play last night and it looks very promising. Just getting my head around some of the adjustments, but I'm getting closer.  The problems I had with this and cbalaskas "cracked face" are that when I up the render quality to 1 and move in close to a cliff things get very spiky. 

I think I'll disable fractal detail on my TER tonight and just focus on sorting one of these out. 

[edit] Here are some base renders with no fractal detail (jmeyers' v3). Soooooo different.  Camera height is about 2m in all cases. I'll repeat with my strata first before I start tweaking.

Volker Harun

I posted another solution in another thread. It is very easy to scale and to modify: Klick

I made this image with that technique:

Volker

j meyer

Yep,very promising indeed.
Volker,i´ve just downloaded your version and will try it today,thanks.

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

nvseal

Nie render Volker. Your rock surfaces and displacement always look fantastic and very realistic.

ProjectX

Quote from: Volker Harun on August 07, 2007, 05:54:45 AM
I posted another solution in another thread. It is very easy to scale and to modify: Klick

I made this image with that technique:

Volker
damn I'd love to know what you do when you postwork your images! I can never get them to come out quite as, well, as real as yours look!

EDIT: It seems to be the vogue to come out with your own kind of rocks at the moment, so I'll see what I can do tomorrow (it's too late to bother starting here, atm), I guess.

Volker Harun

Postwork:
I reduced the 32-Bit OpenEXR to 16 Bit (Thanks BigBen).
I used some slight sharpening (unsharp mask 95%; rad. 0.5)
Copy of the Background, gaussian blur, radius is 1% of image width. Set to soft light.
Curves to adjust brightness.

Oshyan

Volker, I see you use a similar "bloom/glow" effect to what I do. It definitely enhances many images. :)

- Oshyan

Volker Harun

Hi Oshyan,
yes, but sometimes the opacity of the layers has to be reduced. :-D