Gathering ERROR

Started by Dune, January 11, 2015, 09:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Major problem; one of the files for the book (Iron Age) doesn't gather properly. It says; an error has occurred...
The map of assets is there, the gathering report also (see attachment), the gathered file (tgd) not.

So, I thought I was smart and replaced all filename paths to "Project Assets\...." but when opening this tgd copy, it won't find them; 188 errors. But at the same time the filename that is supposed to be called is the same as when I reopen it  ???
This is very frustrating, so I hope there's a simple solution.

Dune

Got it fixed. Some items weren't copied to the Assets folder, some of them weren't even present in the whole machine, so I don't know why that could have passed in earlier renders. Took some copy/paste work, also in the TGD.

Dune

I do have an issue though. When I started a last test render before submitting to Pixelplow, some pops weren't there. Found out that the object makers weren't attached to the pop, probably after renaming file paths. But a warning would be in place, I guess, if anything like that happens.

Matt

Renaming the files read by the objects shouldn't cause node connections to break, but renaming the nodes would.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Thanks Matt, that's what happened.

iooizz

I think it is a very common problem I see often on this site.

N-drju

Me on the other hand - while exporting textured objects from Windows onto Mac, my Apple was missing every single texture, even though they were exported altogether in one folder. What I had to do was just to remove slash (/) at the beginning of the file path. :P I don't know why Windows put it there.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Matt

N-drju, could you send us the original Windows project or another project the demonstrates the same problem?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.