Terragen 3.2 – Podcast interview with Oshyan Greene

Started by Digital Art Live, January 09, 2015, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Fair question, fair question. Daniil is squashing some bugs he wanted to fix before showing results to the public, but I'll try to get something good for you guys to see soon!

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on March 05, 2015, 05:32:22 PM
Fair question, fair question. Daniil is squashing some bugs he wanted to fix before showing results to the public, but I'll try to get something good for you guys to see soon!

- Oshyan

2 thumbs up
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

- Oshyan

Awesome! :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

PabloMack

Oshyan- I enjoyed the podcast. (Only) when you are talking there is an annoying noise in the background. It sounds as though your interviewer is thumping his fingers on the table while you are talking (but not when he is talking). Could it have been that this was a remote interview (via Skype or some such thing) and you had some sort of background noise going on at your end of the link?

Oshyan

It was indeed via Skype. There is an occasional noise that is due to a train that passes by my house every 10 minutes or so. But I didn't notice a more regular sound...

- Oshyan

AP

- Oshyan

Any updates on the erosion stuff?

Oshyan

Hehe, I see you're on top of the long-term project status updates. ;) As it happens I just got a new test version from Daniil a couple of days ago. We're hoping to officially show a full animation and some detailed shots soon, but it's not quite ready for prime time...

Since you've been so patient though, here are four images. :D

First, the un-eroded terrain.
[attach=1]

Then, terrain eroded with Daniil's plugin.
[attach=2]

Then, a close-up shot, center-frame.
[attach=3]

Finally, a zoomed-out distant shot of the same area.
[attach=4]

All detail is from procedural erosion on a base Power Fractal terrain with only 8 octaves of noise. There is no additional displacement.

More to come!

Please note that these are preliminary results. The algorithms are in flux and output may change significantly, but you can bet it will only improve from here!

- Oshyan

Upon Infinity

This gots potential!  Will this be in the 3.3 release?

AP

I know it is too early to inquire but naturally, there will be anticipation. Hopefully we have some nice controls over the channels and sedimentation as well.

choronr

Oshyan

One more, from 160km above...

- Oshyan

Dune

Holy cow, that's awesome! I advice you to put it in alpha tomorrow  ;)

AP

One can only try and imagine how lovely that will look when fully shaded.

mhaze