Weathered Stone

Started by Upon Infinity, January 13, 2015, 11:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

No problem here. I just extracted the rock to it's own folder and loaded it as a population from there. Lovely rock by the way, thanks again.

try this .tgd, it uses the camo preset so should load fine as it's all procedurals.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Upon Infinity

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 14, 2015, 05:49:52 PM
Lovely rock by the way, thanks again.

Thanks.  I always wanted to be a "rock star".   ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: Upon Infinity on January 14, 2015, 05:55:17 PM
Lovely rock by the way, thanks again.

Query, was the U/V mapping done in your modeling app or externally and if so which app did you use. Been struggling along with the mapping in PoseRay but it's often inadequate to the model.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Upon Infinity

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 14, 2015, 06:01:14 PM

Query, was the U/V mapping done in your modeling app or externally and if so which app did you use. Been struggling along with the mapping in PoseRay but it's often inadequate to the model.

All of it was created in 3D Coat, except the .tgo conversion.  Not an easy program to master.  But once you do...unlimited possibilities!

El Kabong

try this .tgd, it uses the camo preset so should load fine as it's all procedurals.

Thanks bobby. Your file loads. Object loads after relocating object on my system. Object shows in little window but not displaying in preview render window. Attempted to render without touching anything. Program crashes... 
Must be my POS computer...  >:(     Tempted to skip it across the lake.
Not going to worry about it now. Will investigate later.

Ron

bobbystahr

Quote from: Upon Infinity on January 14, 2015, 06:09:31 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on January 14, 2015, 06:01:14 PM

All of it was created in 3D Coat, except the .tgo conversion.  Not an easy program to master.  But once you do...unlimited possibilities!

thanks...do they have a working demo?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: El Kabong on January 14, 2015, 06:24:47 PM

Thanks bobby. Your file loads. Object loads after relocating object on my system. Object shows in little window but not displaying in preview render window. Attempted to render without touching anything. Program crashes... 
Must be my POS computer...  >:(     Tempted to skip it across the lake.
Not going to worry about it now. Will investigate later.

Ron

Do you have all the boxes checked for it to show
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Upon Infinity

I think it's a 30 day trial.  That's what I went with before deciding to buy it.  The real investment is becoming familiar with its unfamiliar interface.  Although I also tried the 4.5 beta and it looks like they've cleaned it up a bit in the newer version.

http://3d-coat.com/download/stable-release/

bobbystahr

Quote from: Upon Infinity on January 14, 2015, 06:30:39 PM
I think it's a 30 day trial.  That's what I went with before deciding to buy it.  The real investment is becoming familiar with its unfamiliar interface.  Although I also tried the 4.5 beta and it looks like they've cleaned it up a bit in the newer version.

http://3d-coat.com/download/stable-release/

thanks, is the DX websetup necessary ?

whew 303 M exe, must take a lot of space installing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

El Kabong

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 14, 2015, 06:29:36 PM
Do you have all the boxes checked for it to show

Went though and looked.  Yup. 
Then went to click on the file listing highlighted in attached pic...
[attach=1]

bobbystahr

Weird, maybe planetside staff can help with this. I'm using the current free version as well and no problems.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

a tad off topic but I decided to export this rock as an .obj and while it doesn't hold the textures it keeps the U/V maps....does it do this for all exported tgo's as .obj's...must check further.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

El Kabong, can you email us your computer specs and any other relevant info to support@planetside.co.uk ? We'd like to try to figure out why it's crashing.

- Oshyan

j meyer

Quotea tad off topic but I decided to export this rock as an .obj and while it doesn't hold the textures it keeps the U/V maps....does it do this for all exported tgo's as .obj's...must check further.

You have asked that before and the answer was yes.

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on January 15, 2015, 12:01:08 PM
Quotea tad off topic but I decided to export this rock as an .obj and while it doesn't hold the textures it keeps the U/V maps....does it do this for all exported tgo's as .obj's...must check further.

You have asked that before and the answer was yes.

I write that up to failing memory and having not done that enough, heh heh heh...will try and remember this time.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New