Weathered Stone

Started by Upon Infinity, January 13, 2015, 11:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

I don't know how many times i tried to download this zip file but couldn't open it.
I tried it with Firefox and Opera.
Then i tried it with Internet explorer and it said the download got interrupted and there was a resume button.
After resume it worked at last.
Interesting. In the past i had mostly download problems only with Explorer :)

bobbystahr

That's very odd as I dl'd it when it first appeared and again yesterday with no problem in Chrome. I think it a Yahoo problem as UI mentioned.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Upon Infinity

It's unfortunate I'm having these issues.  I really don't have time to reassess my site hosting right now.  This never came up when I released my white stone .tgo awhile back.  If anyone isn't getting the object who wants it, PM me and maybe we can find an alternate way to deliver it.

Kadri

The most basic way could be  Onedrive, Googledrive, Drobbox etc. maybe?

archonforest

Quote from: Upon Infinity on January 15, 2015, 02:42:01 PM
It's unfortunate I'm having these issues.  I really don't have time to reassess my site hosting right now.  This never came up when I released my white stone .tgo awhile back.  If anyone isn't getting the object who wants it, PM me and maybe we can find an alternate way to deliver it.
I would like to have it...Do u have dropbox?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kadri

(edited because of sleeplessness stupid posting :) )
Onedrive and Googledrive is easier because i use those as email providers too. For me at least

archonforest

Upon Infinity

Quote from: archonforest on January 16, 2015, 03:03:29 AM
Yipeee, it works :D Thx a bunch again.

I got your back, Archon.   ;D

archonforest

Quote from: Upon Infinity on January 16, 2015, 11:46:28 AM
Quote from: archonforest on January 16, 2015, 03:03:29 AM
Yipeee, it works :D Thx a bunch again.

I got your back, Archon.   ;D

I read "I got your beer, Archon" but then realized no :P

Upon Infinity

Actually, you might have a drinking problem...   ;)

archonforest

Quote from: Upon Infinity on January 16, 2015, 11:53:48 AM
Actually, you might have a drinking problem...   ;)
yeah see my eyes on the picture on the left  :D :D

Upon Infinity

Just as an aside, if anyone thinks the 40 mb is too large for this object, the specularity map is mostly redundant, so you can delete it if you want.  You may also want to delete the reference in the objects shader so you don't get errors.  If you do this, then you should also set the object's reflectivity to zero or near zero to avoid the saran wrap plastic look that the object will have with reflectivity set to 1. 

bobbystahr

Loaded just fine for me.....I love exploring other folks stuff cuz I always learn something...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Upon Infinity

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 16, 2015, 01:50:29 PM
Loaded just fine for me.....I love exploring other folks stuff cuz I always learn something...

Good to hear Bobby.  I just thought some people might think 40 mb is too big for just a little rock object.  The textures are high res, however, and hold up quite well up close (although not macro close), which is where most of the space comes from.  In the future, I'll likely just not export out a specularity map unless it's actually necessary.