Weathered Stone

Started by Upon Infinity, January 13, 2015, 11:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Quote from: Upon Infinity on January 16, 2015, 01:13:16 PM
Just as an aside, if anyone thinks the 40 mb is too large for this object, the specularity map is mostly redundant, so you can delete it if you want.  You may also want to delete the reference in the objects shader so you don't get errors.  If you do this, then you should also set the object's reflectivity to zero or near zero to avoid the saran wrap plastic look that the object will have with reflectivity set to 1.
40 MB is not much...
Remember around 1998 I went to Budapest to attend the "Copmuter Xmas" with a 40 MB HDD!! Man I was the king with that! I was thinking it will be impossible to fill but...I filled it up with cracked games fom Germany :D ::) :-[
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Upon Infinity

Quote from: archonforest on January 16, 2015, 02:02:29 PM
40 MB is not much...
Remember around 1998 I went to Budapest to attend the "Copmuter Xmas" with a 40 MB HDD!! Man I was the king with that! I was thinking it will be impossible to fill but...I filled it up with cracked games fom Germany :D ::) :-[

You know what's weird Archon?  I don't remember that trip at all!   :o  Strange, huh?  lol ;)

archonforest

You know what's weird Archon?  I don't remember that trip at all!   :o  Strange, huh?  lol ;)
[/quote]

Huhh...? Your were there? :o

bobbystahr

heh heh heh, I suspect a form of humour as Calgary is quite out of the loop re: European Conventions....We Canucks rarely leave the continent...uh the N American continent.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Upon Infinity

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 16, 2015, 03:14:24 PM
heh heh heh, I suspect a form of humour as Calgary is quite out of the loop re: European Conventions....We Canucks rarely leave the continent...uh the N American continent.

lol Yeah, I suspected something might be lost in the translation...  :P

Literal vs. figurative and all that.  I remember when I was hosteling around Britain, I learned not to speak so casually when talking to the other guests.

archonforest

...aha having fun with people whos native lingo isn't english right? :P

Upon Infinity

Quote from: archonforest on January 16, 2015, 03:30:10 PM
...aha having fun with people whos native lingo isn't english right? :P

Guilty...   :-[