To B in the living room (V3 on page 4)

Started by Hannes, January 21, 2015, 04:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

That is quite a render time but absolutely nice outcome.

bobbystahr

Well now I really feel like hanging up my wacom....just kidding , I'm addicted like y'all...but it's the only way I could stop myself from just typing wow wow wow wow wow....the realism is stunning and I'm guessing I really do need new glasses as I couldn't spot the give aways Ulco see....
The modeling and attention to detail on the B3 is amazing but having played in a band for 2 years that had to cart one around(part of our sound) I'd have put some cigarette burns and cup rings on it, hee hee hee...Just Amazing!!!!!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Bobby! Unfortunately I can't play an instrument. Wish I could, because I always get goosebumps, when I hear the slighly overdriven Hammond/Leslie Combination. I'd love to play such a monster. Well, that's why I used to "sing" in a band, when I was young. ;D ;D ;D

Cup rings and cigarette burns would indeed have been a nice addition. I already tried to make it look used and a bit worn:
Additional to a scratches-texture map the organ has a dust layer on top of the other surface layers. That's a cool thing to do, because you don't need to care about textures. I just added a surface layer after the parts shader with a slope constraint (Final normal, Use "Y"). It can be constrained by height as well, and I didn't test intersect underlying, but this could be interesting too.
As a nice side effect the dust looks like the coating is a bit chipped off at some places like the board where the pedal is.

Dune

I must take back (a little of) what I said about the giveaways. It is an incredible render, am I absolutley flabbergasted, really! Actually, on closer inspection, it is only the plant that gives it away (pot texture and leaves), but it is very very slight, and it might even be a plastic plant in a printed design pot, so it could be real as well   ::)
I first thought the rug on the piano stool was too thick, but it's supposed to be that way.
INCREDIBLE JOB!

Hannes

Don't worry, Ulco. I really appreciate constructive crits. You're definitely right about the plants. I should have replaced the pots by other ones. They really look weird. For the plants I had to assign some displacement maps I made out of the diffuse maps. Without them the models looked even more plastic like.
I don't know if I'll be making another one, because after working on it for a few weeks I got a little tired of it. Maybe later with fresh eyes.

masonspappy

That is simply amazing - one of the best examples I've seen of TG photo-real.
If you could put your talent in a bottle I would buy it.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on January 22, 2015, 02:19:36 AM
Thanks a lot, Bobby! Unfortunately I can't play an instrument. Wish I could, because I always get goosebumps, when I hear the slighly overdriven Hammond/Leslie Combination. I'd love to play such a monster. Well, that's why I used to "sing" in a band, when I was young. ;D ;D ;D

Cup rings and cigarette burns would indeed have been a nice addition. I already tried to make it look used and a bit worn:
Additional to a scratches-texture map the organ has a dust layer on top of the other surface layers. That's a cool thing to do, because you don't need to care about textures. I just added a surface layer after the parts shader with a slope constraint (Final normal, Use "Y"). It can be constrained by height as well, and I didn't test intersect underlying, but this could be interesting too.
As a nice side effect the dust looks like the coating is a bit chipped off at some places like the board where the pedal is.

Yeah I did notice the wear you added. The front of the Leslie especially looks totally authentic as if it's been in and out of many band vans...I dig putting it on the shelf for a while given those render times but the final image was certainly worth the time spent.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

El Kabong

:o Dang! Flippin' amazing. Too awesome for words... 'cept the ones that have already commented.

What is the little red and yellow thing with wheels under the chair off to the right?

Later, Ron

Hannes

Ah, you spotted it! ;D It's a toy car. I thought this is the livingroom of a guy who has some small kids who usually leave their toys everywhere.
His wife and the kids are visiting her mother, so he decided to play his beloved organ, have a smoke and drink some glasses of Jack Daniel's.

Btw, he has to open the windows, before she's back, so that his wife doesn't notice that he'd been smoking.

yossam

If that is Jack in the glass he won't need but one................ ???

Hannes

The glass is already empty.
That's why he's lying behind the camera.

Or his wife has come home earlier than expected, and he had no chance to stub out the cigarette.

Anyway he's lying behind the camera.

El Kabong

Every picture tells a story, don't it?  ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on January 22, 2015, 02:57:28 PM
The glass is already empty.
That's why he's lying behind the camera.

Or his wife has come home earlier than expected, and he had no chance to stub out the cigarette.

Anyway he's lying behind the camera.

LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Hannes, May I ask what software you're using to create your 3-D models?

Hannes