To B in the living room (V3 on page 4)

Started by Hannes, January 21, 2015, 04:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Yes - that's it! The dog is much better in that light. Well done!

Hannes

To test the path tracer I dug out one of my favoured interior files.

I found that I couldn't just enable the path tracer and everything is cool. The lighting was way too dark, so I almost doubled the sun's multiplier. All the reflective surfaces had to be reworked, and since PT doesn't support the glass shader yet, the cigarette smoke plane had to go, and all glass materials were replaced by solid ones.
Unfortunately the whiskey bottle now looks like a bottle of BBQ sauce, so Jack Daniels has to wait until PT accepts glass shaders.

Anyway, the GI and the shadows are much more accurate!!! I love it!

Btw: no postwork. Pure TG output.

Hannes

Here is a comparison:

Dune

Nice differences, especially the insides of cupboard on the right, e.g. are very different. Does the amount of GI have any influence on PT renders, btw? And by sun's multiplier, you mean the sun's strength, I guess?

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on January 16, 2019, 04:24:04 AM
Nice differences, especially the insides of cupboard on the right, e.g. are very different. Does the amount of GI have any influence on PT renders, btw? And by sun's multiplier, you mean the sun's strength, I guess?

Yes, the strength. In the original render the sun had a strength of 4.5, and in the final PT version it's 7 (not really doubled actually, but a lot more).
I guess GI is the major factor here.
Which cupboard do you mean?

Dune

The thing behind the dog, I don't know if you'd call that a cupboard. I noticed the slits in the top showing the inside are really darker.

DocCharly65

That look really good, Hannes.
It was worth to dig out that tgd :)

It was one of the first things I noticed what Ulco said. The much better shadows and the nicer reflections on that little desk behind the dog.

Hannes

Ah, I think you mean the Leslie cabinet.
Rotary speakers for the Hammond.  :)

bobbystahr

Well I find my anxious state re: maintenance update eased some what..I actually like the original as much as the PT optimized render so the cash I was setting aside for that can, at this point, go to getting the Corsair up and running...that alone will be a major improvement in my TerragenLife...I think the carpet under the organ and bench shows the best effect myself.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

This complex interior scene provides a wealth of information and pinpoints matters that need improvement and attention. Thanks Hannes, great scene!