Windows and Lights

Started by bobbystahr, January 28, 2015, 03:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

O K, I'm a bit obsessed by this glass stuff but every once in a while it yields interesting if accidental results. No idea how that coloured light got where it did from I guess the stained glass, but pleased it did.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Yes, that's a really nice effect, but it would be interesting to deduct where it came from.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 28, 2015, 09:39:52 AM
Yes, that's a really nice effect, but it would be interesting to deduct where it came from.

Yeah, thinking it's a product of the sun's soft shadows and a really high Stength like 20 if memory serves. not a really long render so I'll do some tests after guitar time...a sanity break for me.
the pic attached is what happen'd to my brain along the way to this pic. A variety of applications of the glass shader. When an image map is involved through a Merge shader I found the Mix(normal) setting adjusted with the slider to control the 'translucence' best.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

inkydigit

8)
Cool stuff Bobby .... Great light play, must check this out after Iceland!
:)
J

bobbystahr

Well here I think, is the most realistic yet. It matches the colours in the map used and has the realism of the tree out that window casting shadows on the lower left of the glass which is softened by a bump map which also came with the object.. The effect was a product of the IOR being set at 2; once reset to 1.00029 everything started looking more like expected till this iteration. Also attached the source image files for perspective. edit Added a screen grab
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: inkydigit on January 28, 2015, 05:21:09 PM
8)
Cool stuff Bobby .... Great light play, must check this out after Iceland!
:)
J

just too much winter here for me to even think ICEland, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New