Security

Started by Lady of the Lake, January 22, 2015, 12:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

I got this on a post last evening....and notified Admin via PM.   This morning that same post was okay,  Just now I got the same thing on a file in File Sharing.  What is going on?????? or is it me?????

Lyla

Kadri

Is it the same with different browsers? Firefox,Chrome,Opera for example?

Lady of the Lake

I don't know....don't have different browsers.   It isn't happening on all posts, only some and not on any other sites.  And never have gotten this message before....ever.  ????    Have to say it does concern me.

Kadri

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on January 22, 2015, 01:43:10 PM
I don't know....don't have different browsers.   It isn't happening on all posts, only some and not on any other sites.  And never have gotten this message before....ever.  ????    Have to say it does concern me.

I don't think that it is any serious thing but i can't say for sure.
Looks more like a false Microsoft smartscreen message.

Load and install Firefox or another one and you will know for sure.

Upon Infinity

I got the same yesterday.  I ignored it.  Someone may have falsely reported it as an unsafe site.  Maybe a bot who couldn't get in.   ;)

archonforest

This message actually means: Terragen is so good and the forum is so above the other ones and we got some nice honest people here that it actually dangerous.  :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Lady of the Lake

Quote from: Upon Infinity on January 22, 2015, 02:07:09 PM
I got the same yesterday.  I ignored it.  Someone may have falsely reported it as an unsafe site.  Maybe a bot who couldn't get in.   ;)

Well, if you got the same message it is not me; so I won't bother to download another browser.  Silly me, I take security warnings seriously guys. 

Oshyan

We're not aware of any security issues, and I'm not seeing any of these warnings on either of my web browsers, across two machines. However I'll have our web host run a security scan just to be sure. False positives are fairly common, unfortunately.

- Oshyan

Dune

Are you sure you're not hacked? It looks like it. Especially the reference to 'my site'.

Hannes

I'm using Firefox. No warnings so far.

Lady of the Lake

No, I don't think it is me....and besides Upon Infinity said he got the same thing.  Surely two of us were not hacked at the same time.

You don't get the message every time or on every thread posted.  Once was on a post on Image Sharing......same message every time I opened it....then was gone the next day.  The other time was in File Sharing.  Haven't gone back to that one.  No other sites affected that I am aware of.

Oshyan

Our web host is running a security scan now. We'll let you know what the results are.

Update: no issues found on our server. Almost certainly a false positive, they're fairly common.

- Oshyan