Started by kalwalt, January 23, 2015, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

Better this picture. :)
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

TheBadger

This is getting quite good. It will be awesome if you finish it with the same energy.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Getting nicer and nicer. Maybe darken the sky (more clouds) considerably and have just some light shine through on certain parts, for more drama. And maybe raise the camera a tiny bit to see a little more of the water. Fall is great now!

kalwalt

Quote from: TheBadger on January 26, 2015, 11:56:32 PM
This is getting quite good. It will be awesome if you finish it with the same energy.
I believe that energy and motivation is always a key factor when you want to do something!
Quote from: Dune on January 27, 2015, 02:25:08 AM
Getting nicer and nicer. Maybe darken the sky (more clouds) considerably and have just some light shine through on certain parts, for more drama. And maybe raise the camera a tiny bit to see a little more of the water. Fall is great now!
I have not so much experience with clouds. I added two 3d clouds layers and i localized up on the left mountains, in this ways the waterfall part is most in the light. i'm also experimenting with the sunlight and the enviro light: i increased them and changed a bit the colur of the sun in order to achieve a nordic athmosphere, but i think i have a bit of work to do here....
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

DannyG

Progressing nicely, keep on it !
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

kalwalt

Quote from: Danny on January 27, 2015, 07:38:22 AM
Progressing nicely, keep on it !
Thank you @Danny i will do it!

And what about this one? I think i have to fix the grass and i want to make the that cloud more dramathic. Maybe also another cloud layer to darken some parts in the scene and to lighten other parts.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

TheBadger

Personally I am not a fan of this cloud. Clouds may be good for this image. But This one is over taking to much of the rest of the scene for me. Really I dont think you should worry too much about the clouds or "mood" yet. Deal with that stuff at the end once you have made your terrain. Then decide on you final comp, then decide on the mood and atmo.

There is still a lot of texturing and detailing to do on the ground. I think that is most important. Personally, if you get the terrain great, then I wont care if its a sunny day or a dreary day, Ill be happy to stand there in the rain even. Just my feeling.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Michael (Badger) is right. Maybe change the sun's position to get some strong shadows playing across the rock face near the fall, for a more dramatic feel.

kalwalt

I agree with all your comment guys... i am a easy prey for enthusiasm!! :D :P
Yes ground more detailed and texturing, i'm searching a good method for moss and lichens, found different example in the forum from @choronr and @WASasquatch. Actually my moss is only a surface shader with plugged two power fractal shader for the colour and the displacement.  I think that where there is the moss  the rocks should be more rounded, and i'm not sure that my shaders doing this now.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

TheBadger

There is also free lichens from Walli (silva3D). THey are small, so probably only for close ups or things very much in the foreground. Walli also gave free grass that looks very good as moss (just make the gras very small). I don't have a link for you right now. Maybe someone can post them... The grass should have come free with TG, I think?
It has been eaten.

kalwalt

Quote from: TheBadger on January 28, 2015, 01:26:35 PM
There is also free lichens from Walli (silva3D). THey are small, so probably only for close ups or things very much in the foreground. Walli also gave free grass that looks very good as moss (just make the gras very small). I don't have a link for you right now. Maybe someone can post them... The grass should have come free with TG, I think?
Thank you @The Badger i have found some models from Mrlamppost that help me doing this. I think i have still to work on it in the image but i'm in the right way.
I added some boulders and a bit of veggie, tried to improve the moss shader... but still to work more on it.
-14 days to the end! :D ??? :P
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

Another rendering: moss shader is working but  need to fix the color. Tried a clear sky...
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

Another step: changed Fov, increased grass populations, changed sky. Still to work a bit on the ground, on the boulders and on the moss...
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Oshyan

I like the dramatic lighting in the latest one. The falls could use a little more of it, but otherwise it's nice, along with the dramatic clouds. Your surface layers seem too noisy to me, although that may be partly due to lower quality test renders (have you tried crop renders at higher quality?). Your moss layer needs a bit less saturation in the green I think, and maybe to be a bit darker. Overall good progress though.

- Oshyan

kalwalt

Quote from: Oshyan on January 31, 2015, 02:51:37 PM
I like the dramatic lighting in the latest one. The falls could use a little more of it, but otherwise it's nice, along with the dramatic clouds. Your surface layers seem too noisy to me, although that may be partly due to lower quality test renders (have you tried crop renders at higher quality?). Your moss layer needs a bit less saturation in the green I think, and maybe to be a bit darker. Overall good progress though.

- Oshyan

I'd like that the falls would be more enlighted but i'm afraid that i can change complitely the mood with just a little few steps. Regarding the surface layer, i think i need to set up a bit better the displacement of it but. Agree with the colour of it.
I'm considering to add a floating little iceberg in the midlle of the lake but i'don't know if i will have the time...and if it has an importance in the contest of this picture.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat