Start of project Terragen 3 Animation

Started by Michelh, February 01, 2015, 04:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelh

Terragen 3 video animation I am making at the moment 100 hours done still about 500 to go . This is the first 2-3 secs of the video .It's my first video I wanted to show to other people then myself ...  Id love to have feedback,  I know its only 2-3 secs long but yeah takes for ever to render and I know the coulds are not that good.

Oshyan

I think it looks very nice! I love the mist and lighting. The clouds may not be ideal, but they are not at all "bad". So I would not worry too much about them.

About render time, this is what Render Farms are for. They can be more affordable than you might think. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwCnAcEvmrw

- Oshyan

Michelh

Thank you for the feedback I am still on the render at the moment all try to make another video when I get to over 5 secs of frames.  About the render farm I already did look at it the only problem is that it would cost so much money to render it.. ( did a calculation of cost and just the GI pass would cost around 100$) then you have 250 other frames to do.. so that is the reason why I don't use renders farms at the moment.

Id like to know how to get does hyper realistic renders I mean I tried a few months to get to that level (getting good textures, GI pass, nice detail level, ambient occlusion, depth of field change the sky, and the clouds, detailed shadows etc.. ) but was never able to get to it. Is there a trick to make it look this natural? . Thanks ( I was trying to make images as natural as the ones seen on http://planetside.co.uk/galleries/terragen-gallery . )

Oshyan

$100 just for the GI pass sounds pretty crazy. Are you using really high settings, or assuming maximum priority only?

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Love those hills. Hope that you check again about pricing. I would like to see the animation you intend.
It has been eaten.

Michelh

Thanks  TheBadger. 
Yes  Oshyan it is with some pretty high settings, I know its crazy but it's that price give or take 20%.

Oshyan

Perhaps the settings could be tuned to achieve similar results with lower render time. We'd be happy to take a look and see if we can help optimize, if you are OK sharing the scene file. If so you can email it to us at support AT planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

Michelh

Thank you Oshyan I will check out if it is possible as i do have alot of stuff to do in the next month.  I am not close to the render computer every day.  Here is the first 5 secs of the video ( the clouds have animation but its only once every 50 frames just to see how the shadows would look like .. I know it looks wierd on the video do... )