Greyscale = height in TG

Started by TheBadger, February 04, 2015, 01:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Thanks for the tip. I will see what I can do with it  :)
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

actually, what do you mean by shading fill? I thought you were referencing a tool I had not used before. but it seems you are just talking about the paint bucket and gradient tools? Or?
It has been eaten.

engineer

gradient fill is most probably the right term.
Just checked it with GIMP...

Sorry, but I've usually a German version and so my first translation was simply wrong.

engineer

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 07, 2015, 05:11:11 PM
I'd like to see this technique done in Terragen 3 for reference...pretty cool image for Classic Terragen...

First of all: Thanks :)

Currently I'm a bit busy with normal life (especially work), but I'll look into creating a rapid TG3 test.

bobbystahr

Quote from: engineer on February 08, 2015, 03:49:00 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on February 07, 2015, 05:11:11 PM
I'd like to see this technique done in Terragen 3 for reference...pretty cool image for Classic Terragen...

First of all: Thanks :)

Currently I'm a bit busy with normal life (especially work), but I'll look into creating a rapid TG3 test.

Hey, when ever you have time...we ain't goin any where soon, heh heh heh Thanks
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

Quote from: engineer on February 08, 2015, 03:45:39 PM
gradient fill is most probably the right term.
Just checked it with GIMP...

Sorry, but I've usually a German version and so my first translation was simply wrong.

Ok, yeah, I used that then. It worked well on some parts but not others. Im trying to fine tune things.
It has been eaten.

Dune

I just work with a soft brush and sometimes with the blur tool for local blurring. Occasionally selecting a soft area and filling with white or gray.