Visible Seam using Spherical Lens

Started by PabloMack, February 05, 2015, 09:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

Using TG3.2 build 3.2.03.0, I am starting to use the spherical lens more to render wraparound images that I can examine. It beats doing a pan animation because it doesn't have the redundancy that a video has. It seems to be a great way to explore procedural landscapes. I am using the KolorEyes viewer and it seems to work well. But there is a visible seam where the image wraps left to right. If I were intending to make a production using the spherical lens then it would be a problem. My virtual reality friend tells me that he is interested in creating content for this market so this problem should be overcome in a future version. The seam is worst in the corners. Here is the upper left corner of a 8192 X 4096 render I did that shows the problem.

[attach=1]

And here is a piece of a screen shot showing the seam:

[attach=2]

PabloMack

I did another render in the same scene that was not so near the origin and it doesn't have the seam. Actually, the two were rendered using two different systems and I think that I haven't yet upgraded them all to the same level so I am now thinking that the problem may be due to an old version.

[LATER]
I have checked all versions and all systems are updated to the same version so the seam must be there because the camera is close to the origin.

Here is position information for the camera that had a visible seam:
Position: xyz: -1.6489, 500, 84.1943
Rotation: xyz: -15, 0, 0
Render Resolution: width=8192,height=4096

Matt

There is an issue on the left side of the image but it's less severe in my test. Can you send us the complete camera node and render node?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.